TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Support a Downed Officer

08sgt1042

Hi everyone,

I wanted to get this out to everyone I can, while Lani and I were in Vegas for Barrett Jackson my Nephew was performing his job as a traffic enforcement officer with Thornton P.D> and was struck on I-25, I know most of you either read about it or saw it on the news. This has been a horific exipernce for my neice and the family and we could use your support, so if the weather is good drive the Shelby if not come on down and donate and participate.

thanks

Mick and Lani

08SGT1042

Subject: Foe JOE IMPORTANT Injured Thornton officer Benefit Bar-B-Que-Holdem Tourney- Silent Auction Fundraising event

Thank you Robin for doing this for Joe, we are lucky!!!!

With all our love,

Denise Dougherty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you own a company or know someone who does....maybe they would like to make a donation? It is a tax deduction!

Subject: IMPORTANT Injured Thornton officer Benefit Bar-B-Que-Holdem Tourney- Silent Auction Fundraising event

To all Brothers and Sisters & Friends of those who wear the Badge!!!

As most of you are aware on Saturday, September 24, 2011, Thornton Police Motor Officer Joe Dougherty was performing routine traffic enforcement on his motorcycle when he was struck from behind and then run over by a DUI driver. He suffered critical injuries and has undergone multiple surgeries.

WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN. And one of our own needs help. You are all invited and urged to attend.

The Colorado Fraternal Order of Police and Thornton FOP Lodge 16 have joined with the support of other lodges in putting on a Benefit Dinner/Texas Hold-em Tourney/Silent Auction fundraiser to raise money to assist Joe and his family through this very difficult time. THIS EVENT WILL BE HELD.... SATURDAY OCTOBER 22, 2011 beginning at NOON..... (REFER TO ATTACHED FLYER) This fundraising event will be held at the Colorado State Lodge Building located at 2701 W 84th Avenue, Westminster, Colorado (northeast corner of W 84th Ave and Clay Street – 3 blocks east of 84th and Federal).

This is an event that is a must attend priority for all who believe in supporting one of our own who has fallen in the line of duty and needs our help. Mark your calendars. Bring your family and friends. SPREAD THE WORD- PASS THIS ON. If you have a website or email list of members send this out and use the attached flyer. This is an opportunity to help your brother.

Funds go to support our Motor Officer, Joe Dougherty, from FOP Lodge 16

For more information, contact Robin at robin.danni@cityofthornton.net

Donations can be made by sending to Lodge 16 Fund at Rocky Mountain Law Enforcement Credit Union, 700 W. 39th Avenue, Denver, CO 80216. They can also mail donations to Lodge 16 at P.O. Box 29232, Thornton, Colorado 80229. Or, they can drop off cash to my attention at the Thornton Police Department. Thanks!

this was passed along to me from the Thornton Co PD rep who is handeling the event.

thanks

Mick

Archived