TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Collector Insurance

Anton Ruighaver

Hey folks!

I am in the process of making an insurance coverage change for my Shelby now that it's been upgraded to a GT/SC... I'm looking at Grundy, Barrett Jackson, Geico, Heacock, Hagerty, and Allstate.

Whenever I complete any of their online applications, the inevitable question that is asked is whether the vehicle is "Stock" or "Modified"? Now, as I see it, the Shelby GT itself is a pre-title upgrade, and if the official GT/SC upgrade is done by SAI (as mine was) with no other owner or non-factory upgrades, woudn't that qualify as "Stock"? (or am I just being silly :finger: )

Also, any recommendations or comments about the insurance companies I listed above, or others???

Thanks a bunch!

Anton

Hey folks!

I am in the process of making an insurance coverage change for my Shelby now that it's been upgraded to a GT/SC... I'm looking at Grundy, Barrett Jackson, Geico, Heacock, Hagerty, and Allstate.

Whenever I complete any of their online applications, the inevitable question that is asked is whether the vehicle is "Stock" or "Modified"? Now, as I see it, the Shelby GT itself is a pre-title upgrade, and if the official GT/SC upgrade is done by SAI (as mine was) with no other owner or non-factory upgrades, woudn't that qualify as "Stock"? (or am I just being silly :finger: )

Also, any recommendations or comments about the insurance companies I listed above, or others???

Thanks a bunch!

Anton

I sent in for a quote at Hagerty.

The way I see it, the GT/SC is modified, since the title doesn't call it that.

That being said, their quote was over $1600, unreasonable to my eyes.

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

I sent in for a quote at Hagerty.

The way I see it, the GT/SC is modified, since the title doesn't call it that.

That being said, their quote was over $1600, unreasonable to my eyes.

Jer

BTW, I tweaked it a bit, lowered the "agreed value" and got much closer to the target. I also realized that insurance in Vegas is a chainwide high, and it made more sense. But my research shows Hagerty to be a very solid company. I might rethink it. Lord knows Allstate ain't much less!

Jer

Hey folks!

Thanks a bunch!

Anton

Very easy, go to GRUNDY! All mine are insured with them and they will insure it for the amount you tell them and not what they think it should be. If you use it as an everyday vehicle that will be an issue. Only 1 time did I have to file a claim with Grundy due to a Hurricane in 2005 and in less than 2 weeks did adjuster look at it and I was paid for the repairs

Archived