TEAM SHELBY FORUM

About to make the purchase

Hey guys,

I've been following this forum for a little while now, and I believe I am finally ready to make the jump. I'm about to pull the trigger on a Black w/ Red 2012 with SVTPP. It's going to be a custom order. So I can expect a few months wait, right? I am currently in Iraq, but am going through a dealer in Cincinnati. Have any of you guys ever done an order over the internet before? Any issues? I'm doing it this way so it will be ready by the time I get home. Thoughts?

Needless to say, I am super pumped to join the Shelby community. It's been my dream car ever since I saw the '06. See you on the roads!

Lucky

You might not have to order, just depends on how long you need a car to be held. what other options are you looking for?? Nav, vert, glass roof, recaros?? I have 2 12's Black, SVTPP, NAV, Recaros, on has glass roof and one does not. Just let me know.

Ed

You might not have to order, just depends on how long you need a car to be held. what other options are you looking for?? Nav, vert, glass roof, recaros?? I have 2 12's Black, SVTPP, NAV, Recaros, on has glass roof and one does not. Just let me know.

Ed

Ed that's exactly what I'm looking for:

Black SVT w/ Red stripes. Electronics Package, Recaros w/ Red accents, glass roof

Hey guys,

I've been following this forum for a little while now, and I believe I am finally ready to make the jump. I'm about to pull the trigger on a Black w/ Red 2012 with SVTPP. It's going to be a custom order. So I can expect a few months wait, right? I am currently in Iraq, but am going through a dealer in Cincinnati. Have any of you guys ever done an order over the internet before? Any issues? I'm doing it this way so it will be ready by the time I get home. Thoughts?

Needless to say, I am super pumped to join the Shelby community. It's been my dream car ever since I saw the '06. See you on the roads!

Lucky

we've had several of our best and brightest fighting folks buy Shelbys off the site here.You can do a search and maybe PM about their experience--ill do a search and re-post if i find them--thanks for your service

Hey guys,

Lucky

OK i found a couple guys who did what you are doing --heres a link http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/67072-vin-number/ id PM them and ask what they did and what would they do differently. If you get a car thats sittinright now id make sure t was pulled in out of the weather, stored with a cover on it soemwhere besdies the show room--maybe cranked up a few times,but not driven. Could it be delivered to a parent/sibling if you get agood price for a sitting car. I bought my 2010 a while back when prices were high, but id think you could get a 2012 for 2k over invoice at most.good uck

You won't regret your purchase. I received mine in June and am having a really hard time staying out of the drivers seat. Some combo with black and red stripes. I only ordered the SVTPP w/o nav or electronics. I have 1600 miles on it now and just getting ready to put it away for the winter.

First, thank you for your service and be very careful over there. God Bless and keep you safe until you arrive home and into that new Shelby.

Hey guys,

Lucky

[/quot

LUCKY ;; first of all THANKS for your service to our country ; do you live in ohio ???? i had ed barnes ( 704-267-6461 )from capital ford in raleigh nc put me on the list for a 2013gt 500 for march -june

LUCKY ;; first of all THANKS for your service to our country ; do you live in ohio ???? i had ed barnes ( 704-267-6461 )from capital ford in raleigh nc put me on the list for a 2013gt 500 for march -june

Well I used to live in Cincinnati, now I'm at Ft Hood TX. But I'll be visiting Cinci when I get back. Turns out they cant build any more 2012's, which I thought was the case. The dealer's ford rep told him they could get me a 2013 by late January. I have a hard time believing this, considering there is next to no information available. Are new cars even released that early in the year?

Well I used to live in Cincinnati, now I'm at Ft Hood TX. But I'll be visiting Cinci when I get back. Turns out they cant build any more 2012's, which I thought was the case. The dealer's ford rep told him they could get me a 2013 by late January. I have a hard time believing this, considering there is next to no information available. Are new cars even released that early in the year?

You will not see a 2013 hit a dealership until next Spring.

Lucky, not sure when you will be coming back States side but you may want to seriously consider waiting for the 2013 as it looks like it is going to be a pretty substantial step-up. Should see more details during the LA auto show starting on 18 Nov. There are also still lots of 12s left on the lots and I would imagine you will be able to get a better deal once details on the 2013's are announced.

If getting time to do a search over there is hard just let us know. I am sure there are many folks here would be more than willing to help.

Archived