TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dreaming Big

Helix

Hello everyone,

I have been browsing the forums frequently and reading many of your posts. I posted a few times, but I have decided that it's time to make an intro.

In 2007, before I had much of an interest in cars, I walked into a Ford dealership to see a friend who works there. This was possibly the deciding factor to why I fell in love with Shelbies. I saw the Mustang Shelby Cobra GT-500. Too bad it wasn't mine; sadly I put it on the backburner for a year or so. Finally, I began to learn everything I could about Shelby American and the Mustang Shelby.

Now, I am an 18 year old college student; I have written countless research papers in school about Mustangs and Shelby's, but by no means does this make me an expert. The reason I want to introduce myself is so that people around the forums will recognize me and know that I am here asking every member for their knowledge. I want to learn as much as I can about Shelby's.

Unfortunately, the truth is that I do not own a Shelby; nor am I close by any means. Like the post says, I am dreaming big, but haven't even taken the first step yet. Until then, I want to learn any and everything so that when the day comes, I can know my Shelby inside and out. Most of my friends already know me as "The Mustang guy" or "The Shelby guy", being that most people do not even know what a Shelby Mustang is. My love for Shelby's has come far, because I will usually defend a Shelby to the death in conversation, especially if anyone says something good about a foreign car, where I will within reason blow them out of the water.

Another unfortunate fact is that I have never even ridden in a Shelby (The most powerful Mustang I have been in was my uncle's 2004 Mustang Mach 1). I have been up close to a Shelby GT, and recently spotted a red and black trimmed 2011 GT-500..beautiful. Believe me, I am awaiting the day....

A couple fun facts, though I'm not really into high details: Freshman year of college now, and if I were to think about a Shelby before an engagement ring, my girlfriend would probably cry. Fun fact #2: Im usually never anywhere without anything Shelby; that is, Supersnake keychain, GT-500 computer mouse, shirts, etc.

I hope that justifies myself for some respect when it comes to admiration for Shelby's and Mustangs. And lastly, a life mentor of mine who has had quite a life had a Shelby Charger. If I had known what a Shelby was when I was about 10 I could have gotten one of the last rides in it; crap...

Lastly I'd like to move on to vehicles; My vehicles (as depicted below) are a 2003 Mustang v6 and a 1986 Lincoln Mark VII LSC

The Mustang I had been saving for, and bought recently. Acknowledging the price difference between mine and 5th gen, I decided upon a v6 mainly because I wouldn't shell out the money at my age for a GT if it wasn't going to be all out; this and the color was perfect, the condition was great, and I love the tail lights on the 1999 - 2004's. I have made the car upkept from when I got it to ensure a full life for it.

My Lincoln Mark VII LSC is something else; the engine is essentially a High Output Boss 302, but since it's an 80's car the horsepower isn't through the roof, but it will still smoke the tires instantly. However, I do not screw around with my vehicles in the least bit; especially not this car. I am not spoiled or rich, so this car was not handed to me; in a nut shell I received this car from my mother who no longer has the ability to drive it. This car no longer see's the elements, and is maintained closely.

Other vehicles at my house include a 2008 Ford Focus with a Trans Am hood scoop; long story

2010 Mercury Mariner

1971 Chevelle SS

Dreaming Cobra: My dream car at the moment is obviosuly that all powerful Super Snake, fully loaded. It will be a loooong time unfortunately, and who knows how many times it will be outdated; but still, I plan to get ahold of as many Shelby's as I can but I'll be happy as long as I can get 1.

Well, that is about it. Feel free to leave a comment and tell me your vehicle; I'll read everyone's.

And lastly, I'll be one of the few people in the 2004 Mustang forum ;)

Hope that wasn't too long.

1. Welcome!

2. Don't even think about engagement rings. Way too young. And look for a girl that won't ever make you feel like you can't have this hobby.

3. This quote doesn't make sense (just messing with you...)

I am not spoiled or rich, so this car was not handed to me; in a nut shell I received this car from my mother who no longer has the ability to drive it.

4. Keep on dreaming big, even when you get the car, there's always stuff to make it better/faster!

Welcome to Team Shelby Helix. I think most members will recognize themselves in your post. I certainly was a car nut way before I was able to afford my dream ride.

You will find that this is a great place to learn more about Shelbys. Members have great knowlege, and they are always willing to share with others. Continue to dream big; with hard work and some luck, you may end up realizing your dream sooner than you think.

Thanks a lot guys; This is always a fun place to be, so hopefully I'll be here often enough to know you guys better.

As for now I'll be taking care of the little pony I've got. Poor thing too, I have to wash it weekly just to keep the rain and pollen / tree 'dander' I'll call it from marking up the car. I haven't even owned it a year yet and it has endured all of the elements; it saw a lot of snow before I took it off the lot, it gets rained on....daily, it survived a tornado, a lightning strike, extremely high winds, hail. Not a scratch; and I don't intend to ever let it get hurt.

I would like to put magnaflow dual exaust on it, not just because its straight single exaust stock, but because the pipe it's got is a rust out. I don't need "true" dual exaust, which is why magnaflow is perfect.

Now I just need a couple dollars....and I need to know how to do it :shrug:

How about these guys; I've had my eye out for a while on them. The price isn't terrible, not conevenient either, but still; factory bolt on and it wont rust out like the last one. I figure I'm not parking on anything by concrete which will have condensation constantly + salt kick ups from the road in the winter, so one way or another I'm going to need to replace whats on it now. Unless I wanna lose weight in rust over every bump.

Edit: the link would help wouldnt it..... That and the site has a ton of credibility: http://www.americanmuscle.com/magnaflow-dual-exhaust-9904-v6.html

Welcome Helix, you've found the right place for anything Shelby.

I completely agree with my TS brothers.............keep the dream going and school before girls. Keep an eye out for any TS events in your area. The 2011 Dearborn event wasn't that far from Chicago and I'm sure any of us would've been happy to give a ride in the Shelby.

Hello everyone,

I have been browsing the forums frequently and reading many of your posts. I posted a few times, but I have decided that it's time to make an intro.

In 2007, before I had much of an interest in cars, I walked into a Ford dealership to see a friend who works there. This was possibly the deciding factor to why I fell in love with Shelbies. I saw the Mustang Shelby Cobra GT-500. Too bad it wasn't mine; sadly I put it on the backburner for a year or so. Finally, I began to learn everything I could about Shelby American and the Mustang Shelby.

Now, I am an 18 year old college student; I have written countless research papers in school about Mustangs and Shelby's, but by no means does this make me an expert. The reason I want to introduce myself is so that people around the forums will recognize me and know that I am here asking every member for their knowledge. I want to learn as much as I can about Shelby's.

Unfortunately, the truth is that I do not own a Shelby; nor am I close by any means. Like the post says, I am dreaming big, but haven't even taken the first step yet. Until then, I want to learn any and everything so that when the day comes, I can know my Shelby inside and out. Most of my friends already know me as "The Mustang guy" or "The Shelby guy", being that most people do not even know what a Shelby Mustang is. My love for Shelby's has come far, because I will usually defend a Shelby to the death in conversation, especially if anyone says something good about a foreign car, where I will within reason blow them out of the water.

Another unfortunate fact is that I have never even ridden in a Shelby (The most powerful Mustang I have been in was my uncle's 2004 Mustang Mach 1). I have been up close to a Shelby GT, and recently spotted a red and black trimmed 2011 GT-500..beautiful. Believe me, I am awaiting the day....

A couple fun facts, though I'm not really into high details: Freshman year of college now, and if I were to think about a Shelby before an engagement ring, my girlfriend would probably cry. Fun fact #2: Im usually never anywhere without anything Shelby; that is, Supersnake keychain, GT-500 computer mouse, shirts, etc.

I hope that justifies myself for some respect when it comes to admiration for Shelby's and Mustangs. And lastly, a life mentor of mine who has had quite a life had a Shelby Charger. If I had known what a Shelby was when I was about 10 I could have gotten one of the last rides in it; crap...

Lastly I'd like to move on to vehicles; My vehicles (as depicted below) are a 2003 Mustang v6 and a 1986 Lincoln Mark VII LSC

The Mustang I had been saving for, and bought recently. Acknowledging the price difference between mine and 5th gen, I decided upon a v6 mainly because I wouldn't shell out the money at my age for a GT if it wasn't going to be all out; this and the color was perfect, the condition was great, and I love the tail lights on the 1999 - 2004's. I have made the car upkept from when I got it to ensure a full life for it.

My Lincoln Mark VII LSC is something else; the engine is essentially a High Output Boss 302, but since it's an 80's car the horsepower isn't through the roof, but it will still smoke the tires instantly. However, I do not screw around with my vehicles in the least bit; especially not this car. I am not spoiled or rich, so this car was not handed to me; in a nut shell I received this car from my mother who no longer has the ability to drive it. This car no longer see's the elements, and is maintained closely.

Other vehicles at my house include a 2008 Ford Focus with a Trans Am hood scoop; long story

2010 Mercury Mariner

1971 Chevelle SS

Dreaming Cobra: My dream car at the moment is obviosuly that all powerful Super Snake, fully loaded. It will be a loooong time unfortunately, and who knows how many times it will be outdated; but still, I plan to get ahold of as many Shelby's as I can but I'll be happy as long as I can get 1.

Well, that is about it. Feel free to leave a comment and tell me your vehicle; I'll read everyone's.

And lastly, I'll be one of the few people in the 2004 Mustang forum ;)

Hope that wasn't too long.

Hello,Helix.And welcome.Wanna be friends? The reason for this quick question is: while I was reading your post,I was just left wondering at every line of it,if you're having a xerox copy of what I've been through all my life (except that v6 stang,I aint so lucky...).I'm also 18,in love with SuperSnakes and possess the same fire as you do for Shelbys.I,ACTUALLY,SWEAR you're just like me.So...,whaddaya think? :beerchug:

Archived