TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vista Blue KR on Cannery Row

Hello:

This is my introduction and my first reply/post.

My wife and I were visiting our daughter which goes to college at CSUMB.

I saw all you guys yesterday cruising and I figure is there was a comment in the TS forum I would jump with both feet.

I have owned the KR since 11/09 and purchased with 12 miles, I now have a little over 10,000 and for a while it was a daily driver for my wife.

The story/truth about the car is my wife went on a trip to San Francisco with her friend, I figured I would go pick up brochures to order a new 11 GT500. Well I stopped in a Future Ford in Roseville and the KR was sitting in the show room, I had no intentions of buying anything at the time, Well after a couple of hours and trading in an 07 Mustang GT Vista Blue, I Owned a new car at the time. The KR was only 65k, at the time I thought that was a smoking deal.

That is the beginning of the fun, my wife had no Idea what i had done, she gets home, car was in the driveway and she was FRICKEN PISSED OFF, in my head and it all made sense, I would tell her "I got bored and I put some stripes on the GT". After 30 years of putting with my crap, she knew that line was a load of S***. Well after a MONTH... all turned out just fine, I know longer wear the pants in the household, not allowed to have a any credit cards and the ankle GPS device is much more comfortable that ever before!!

My friends still think I have the biggest balls for pulling off a stunt like that but I figure if you got one shot at doing anything, you better go BIG.

Shane

Hello Shane and welcome to TS. Glad to be part of your first post. Nice car.

Great story. I also would like to get a vista blue KR. Wife actually says buy one which I do have a contact for one at a great price. However, I do not want to get rid of the GT-H. Personal message me if you decide to come back down to the area. Several of us get together now and then. We went to the River Inn in Big Sur for lunch yesterday and then returned along Ocean Blvd with a drive through Cannery Row (spelled it this time).

Was that your wife who took the pictures from the street? If so try to post.

No, that was not my wife taking picture, it would be the one buying the chocolate.

H0050, the next trip we make over there I will PM you.

Shane, I was one ot the "cruisers" on Cannery Row (2010 GT500 Kona Blue). PM me also when you are down in the area. I notice your car also. Weather couldnt have been better on Sat and the drive down into Big Sur was great!! We probably wont be doing too much more with winter coming up but you never know. Brad

Hello:

This is my introduction and my first reply/post.

My wife and I were visiting our daughter which goes to college at CSUMB.

I saw all you guys yesterday cruising and I figure is there was a comment in the TS forum I would jump with both feet.

I have owned the KR since 11/09 and purchased with 12 miles, I now have a little over 10,000 and for a while it was a daily driver for my wife.

The story/truth about the car is my wife went on a trip to San Francisco with her friend, I figured I would go pick up brochures to order a new 11 GT500. Well I stopped in a Future Ford in Roseville and the KR was sitting in the show room, I had no intentions of buying anything at the time, Well after a couple of hours and trading in an 07 Mustang GT Vista Blue, I Owned a new car at the time. The KR was only 65k, at the time I thought that was a smoking deal.

That is the beginning of the fun, my wife had no Idea what i had done, she gets home, car was in the driveway and she was FRICKEN PISSED OFF, in my head and it all made sense, I would tell her "I got bored and I put some stripes on the GT". After 30 years of putting with my crap, she knew that line was a load of S***. Well after a MONTH... all turned out just fine, I know longer wear the pants in the household, not allowed to have a any credit cards and the ankle GPS device is much more comfortable that ever before!!

My friends still think I have the biggest balls for pulling off a stunt like that but I figure if you got one shot at doing anything, you better go BIG.

Shane

Welcome to TS Shane, great bunch of people here, and loads of tech if needed.

Great story BTW....I also subscribe to the "Its better to ask for forgivness than ask for permission" theory :hysterical:

Too bad I missed you all, coincedentally, I was working the final day of a trade show in Monterey on Saturday, and I had my 08KR with me!

Yes, it was a SPECTACULAR day on the coast :camera:

Cheers,

Tom

Archived