TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Sound

TexasShelby

As a "vert" owner, I'm not feeling the love. The love of great sound from the stereo that is. The Shaker 500 system is at best a very minimal attempt and with the vert, you lose even more. When I was contacted and told the 1000 was not available for the verts, I knew right then something was going to be done in that department sooner or later...well...it's sooner.

I'm asking for your help with what you have done to your GT500 or GT500 vert as far as the sound system.

Going with past experience on my McLaren stang vert. It will have to started with a complete Dynamat of the trunk and most of the interior.

I know JL Audio makes a great trunk sub for the vert. but it also takes a good chunk of trunk, that I don't have. But I can live with that.

What I've seen that I like the best as far as appearence in the dash so far would be the Pioneer Z1 and a couple small amps to push the new speakers, and keeping the door ankle crackers :censored: ...opps, I meant the front subs.

Let me know what's in or going in your GT500.

Thanks guys.

I upgraded the S500 to the factory touchscreen/Nav and added a Schoche custom moulded sub enclosure fitted with a Blaupunkt V-series 12" driver with a 1500W RMS amp. I am very pleased with the results but would still like to replace the factory door speaker, both mains and mid-subs.

I upgraded the S500 to the factory touchscreen/Nav and added a Schoche custom moulded sub enclosure fitted with a Blaupunkt V-series 12" driver with a 1500W RMS amp. I am very pleased with the results but would still like to replace the factory door speaker, both mains and mid-subs.

Who did the install for you?

Also, I see in your sig that you have an autolamp module. Is that from ford or available aftermarket?

Thanks,

Tim

Who did the install for you?

Also, I see in your sig that you have an autolamp module. Is that from ford or available aftermarket?

Thanks,

Tim

I do most of my own work. Worst part of installing the amp was the 2/0 power cable and fuse block that I wanted hidden. Amp mounted up under the package shelf. Only one end of it is visible for access to the crossover adjustments. Woofer fits like it was stock and the carpet matches well. It bolts to the floor using the S1000 mounting hole.

The autolamp controller is a Ford Accessories item. Was about $60 but if you want aftermarket they are cheaper. Works well.

I do most of my own work. Worst part of installing the amp was the 2/0 power cable and fuse block that I wanted hidden. Amp mounted up under the package shelf. Only one end of it is visible for access to the crossover adjustments. Woofer fits like it was stock and the carpet matches well. It bolts to the floor using the S1000 mounting hole.

The autolamp controller is a Ford Accessories item. Was about $60 but if you want aftermarket they are cheaper. Works well.

Thanks!

I noticed that dealers are putting cars on ebay with nav systems, is this a factory thing or a dealer installed item? I have an early prodution car and this was not an option when I ordered mine.

Its available either way. Mine was not available factory either and I purchased it through a dealer. They are available as an option now.

Archived