TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LOOK WHAT I FOUND - '68 GT500KR

Today I had the opportunity to look at an unrestored '68 GT 500KR. I was like a kid looking at jars of candy at the old-time drugstore. The car is not for sale YET but I'm hoping down the road I will have the opportunity to buy it. I don't want to disclose the name of the owner or location but would like to know if everyone thinks it is a real KR. It looks real to me as it has the CS CSM number, scoops and all the Shelby Badging. I'll attach some pictures so let me know what you think and if it appears to be a reall Shelby KR.

IT WAS A GREAT DAY !!

Thanks, SVT

68Shelby KR 2.jpg

68Shelby KR6.jpg

68Shelby KR23.jpg

68Shelby KR7.jpg

68Shelby KR15.jpg

68Shelby KR.jpg

68Shelby KR22.jpg

68Shelby KR 2.jpg

68Shelby KR6.jpg

68Shelby KR23.jpg

68Shelby KR7.jpg

68Shelby KR15.jpg

68Shelby KR.jpg

68Shelby KR22.jpg

Soooooo if for some unknown godforsaken reason you dont buy it at the first chance....pm me the contact info....:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Looked at 68 350 earlier this year....love that year. A friggin KR...haha LOVE IT!!!

The car is not for sale yet......the owner still has an attachment to it which I totally understand. If they do sell they told me I could have first crack at it. I have an '08 Black KR so it would be a perfect match and sister car to my '08.

Perfect! I know where there is a 69 500 sitting outside in a driveway under a blue tarp here in Seattle. For years. Owner is a very nice guy, have never asked, but he loves my SGT.Similar to this KR it has never been messed with.

Love the car, its Red/ White interior auto. I like Shelby's white or Black. The 66 in white and the KR or 500's in Black. Is this KR a stick by chance?

The interior on the 68 is pretty svelt, lowest HP on the 350, but seriously if thhe one I looked at earlier this year was a better value for the condition, I would have figured out a way to own it. It was a little too rough for the asking price.

This KR is awesome...good luck and Thanks for sharing, I love cars like this. Restored is great but these are just cool, and interestingly the market has been stronger in collectables for cars like this recently as a percentage gain compared to restored examples.

One day I hope to have an old Shelby in this condition and to simply drive it as asinine as I know that is, it would be just great.

Thanks again for the pics! :happy feet: Keep patient and try to buy this car one day its cool, if not pm me...:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Cheers!

The car is not for sale yet......the owner still has an attachment to it which I totally understand. If they do sell they told me I could have first crack at it. I have an '08 Black KR so it would be a perfect match and sister car to my '08.

Great scoop and what an opportunity, as you know, I've got bookend KR's.

Too bad the 08's didn't come in Highland Green, then they'd be a perfect match, not that i'm complaining...

Yes, the car is real, and whats really cool, it still has the all important hubcaps! Even most 68's you see on the road today have the Ten Spokes, yet only a few (less than 5, yes 5 KR's) came with Ten spokes...I have recently acquired a set of hubcaps that will soon be gracing my car.

Car was shipped to The Marshall Motor Co., Mayfield Heights Ohio on August 20th 1968 with an invoice dated August 15, 1968.

The car was owned by a friend of mine here in CA a couple of decades back. I will get the details from him, and then PM them to you.

Tom

It looks to be in good condition. Clean it up, detail it, and don't touch it. It's worth much more as a survivor. How many miles?

I believe the odometer reads 66K but I don't know if it has rolled over once. If the car actually comes up for sell I'll dig more. I was just happy to get to look at it today. Also, maybe someone come help me. If I'm checking for matching numbers what all needs to be checked?

Thanks for your help,

SVT

Great scoop and what an opportunity, as you know, I've got bookend KR's.

Too bad the 08's didn't come in Highland Green, then they'd be a perfect match, not that i'm complaining...

Yes, the car is real, and whats really cool, it still has the all important hubcaps! Even most 68's you see on the road today have the Ten Spokes, yet only a few (less than 5, yes 5 KR's) came with Ten spokes...I have recently acquired a set of hubcaps that will soon be gracing my car.

Car was shipped to The Marshall Motor Co., Mayfield Heights Ohio on August 20th 1968 with an invoice dated August 15, 1968.

The car was owned by a friend of mine here in CA a couple of decades back. I will get the details from him, and then PM them to you.

Tom

Tom, I'm not sure how you get all that from the VIN but thats great. The owner told me it was purchased in CA so that would fit in with your story.

SVT

Tom, I'm not sure how you get all that from the VIN but thats great. The owner told me it was purchased in CA so that would fit in with your story.

SVT

Just got off the phone with my friend, he gave me the details which I'll pm to you.

Just tried to PM, and I got the "cannot receive messages" line....pm me with your ph#

Cheers,

Tom

Great work Tom, and good find. Nice to see they are still hiding out there, I am still looking for a 289 Cobra in a barn......haha

Another friend of mine in the midwest found a one owner, unrestored, fully documented 289, with every pc of paper since new. A true time capsule, truly stunning

I've been looking at the pictures over and over and comparing them to other KR pictures and everything seems to match that I see except it is missing the driving lights and there is a period after the G and T in GT 500. The Shelby identification plate has an R for Cobra Jet so I do believe this is a KR that has probably had a paint job or been restriped. If you see something that doesn't look right just let me know.

Thanks for your help,

SVT

I've been looking at the pictures over and over and comparing them to other KR pictures and everything seems to match that I see except it is missing the driving lights and there is a period after the G and T in GT 500. The Shelby identification plate has an R for Cobra Jet so I do believe this is a KR that has probably had a paint job or been restriped. If you see something that doesn't look right just let me know.

Thanks for your help,

SVT

Hey SVT,

Your PM in-box is full, PM me with either an email or your cel # and I'll fill you in on some of the history of this car. The periods are correct. The car was equipped with Marchal Fog lights were thought to be only on the early cars. Mine is much earlier than this one, and I have Lucas.

Tom

Hey SVT,

Your PM in-box is full, PM me with either an email or your cel # and I'll fill you in on some of the history of this car. The periods are correct. The car was equipped with Marchal Fog lights were thought to be only on the early cars. Mine is much earlier than this one, and I have Lucas.

Tom

The Marchal Fog lights came on early cars but a recall was put out as they were too bright & therefore replaced by a Lucas fog lights.

My 68` still has the Marchal only because the owner never took it for the recall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived