TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Losing oil in 550 HO Whipple Supercharger

zachman

Checked my sight glass on my supercharger and it was empty, (no visible leaks). This is the second time in 8 months. Called Michael at Whipple and he said it happens in one in a thousand.

You would know it; "I have the one"! Anyone else have this problem?

Had the install at SAI in October of 2009. Approx. 1900 miles on supercharger.

Interesting, I never checked mine

I am going to check when I get home

I am assuming I am fine because it works perfect

I don't drive my car that often; so I always check the fluids and tires before blasting off. Everything was working good. Kept noticing fluid in sight glass on supercharger was going down. Might have to buy a YUGO!

Not an "official" SC, the install was done before I acquired the car, but it's still a hoot!--if Only SAI would make provisions for doing a modification check--then I'd be set, but I digress...

I haven't noticed any issues through the sight gauge with about 2400 miles on the Supercharger.

Sorry to hear that anyone is having issues, hopefully the one in a thousand holds true, still I hope for a quick resolution for you, and that it's minor if nothing else!!

Call Roger @ SA, he told me SA stands behind it work, I don't know how long that "hand-shake" warranty would last but I am sure he'd help you out if possible.

Talked to Michael at Whipple, Friday. I have to send the supercharger to Whipple in, Califorina. Never had any luck talking to Roger. Always someone else's problem.

Call Roger @ SA, he told me SA stands behind it work, I don't know how long that "hand-shake" warranty would last but I am sure he'd help you out if possible.

THERE IS NO WARRANTY from Shelby on a Whipple 550 install that is why some people had chosen to get it done at the FORD dealer where there is a warranty.

Whipple is very good and I am sure they will take care of you. Michael always bends over backwards when I have called him with a question.

Talked to Michael at Whipple, Friday. I have to send the supercharger to Whipple in, Califorina. Never had any luck talking to Roger. Always someone else's problem.

Really! If don't remember recieving your call on this issue. We we do our best to assist everyone with their issues.

Shelby related or not and have a dedicated customer service and technical rep ready to assist.

Your Ford Racing Whipple Supercharger carries a 12/12 warranty from Ford Racing. Shelby also honors that warranty on Ford racing parts and 12 months from in service date on all installations and defective parts and workmanship.

Looking at your in service date we would have also contacted Michael at Whipple for possible causes and resolution.

Rogers@shelbyamerican.com or 702-942-7325 ext. 145. I am available after 7 AM.

Roger

Back in April 2009 I was told that there is NO warranty on Whipple 550 installs. So if I blew the engine up I would be SOL. Just curious to when Shelby American started offering warranty on Whipple 550 installs?

If Shelby installed for you, they will stand behind the workmanship and assist as needed. I am talking from experience. I suggest you call Roger Sorel. An email also works. Would suggest not use the forum to contact SAI. The staff does check the site and replies but issues are better resolved with direct contact.

Good luck

If Shelby installed for you, they will stand behind the workmanship and assist as needed. I am talking from experience. I suggest you call Roger Sorel. An email also works. Would suggest not use the forum to contact SAI. The staff does check the site and replies but issues are better resolved with direct contact.

Good luck

I removed the supercharger today and sent it to Whipple; in Fresno, Calif.. Michael said they would take a look at it. Will keep everyone posted.

I would also like to clarify the fact that I didn't expect SAI to be responsible for my problem. Just inquiring if anyone else had this problem.

Thanks.

THERE IS NO WARRANTY from Shelby on a Whipple 550 install that is why some people had chosen to get it done at the FORD dealer where there is a warranty.

Whipple is very good and I am sure they will take care of you. Michael always bends over backwards when I have called him with a question.

;@) should really have listened to me though huh?

Good luck

+1 .

Back in April 2009 I was told that there is NO warranty on Whipple 550 installs. So if I blew the engine up I would be SOL. Just curious to when Shelby American started offering warranty on Whipple 550 installs?

FRPP offered no warranty on a 550 no matter who installed it, your dealer was either stroking you or being

cooler than the warranty. My undrrstanding was 550 kit made drivetrain warranty void. But honestly who cares, these things are so much fun!

edit: so the 12 months is on the part I believe? May pull out wgipple book to read.

FRPP offered no warranty on a 550 no matter who installed it, your dealer was either stroking you or being cooler than the warranty. My undrrstanding was 550 kit made drivetrain warranty void. But honestly who cares, these things are so much fun!

:beerchug:

FRPP offered no warranty on a 550 no matter who installed it, your dealer was either stroking you or being cooler than the warranty. My undrrstanding was 550 kit made drivetrain warranty void. But honestly who cares, these things are so much fun!

Your Ford Racing Whipple Supercharger carries a 12/12 warranty from Ford Racing. Shelby also honors that warranty on Ford racing parts and 12 months from in service date on all installations and defective parts and workmanship.

Roger

Thanks for clearing up this confusion Roger.

Really! If don't remember recieving your call on this issue. We we do our best to assist everyone with their issues.

Shelby related or not and have a dedicated customer service and technical rep ready to assist.

Looking at your in service date we would have also contacted Michael at Whipple for possible causes and resolution.

Rogers@shelbyamerican.com or 702-942-7325 ext. 145. I am available after 7 AM.

Roger

I have blasted Roger and SA in the past for issues related and unrelated to my installation but I will say this...Roger tried extremely frign hard to solve the one last remaining issue I had after everything that they did mechanically, the dyno issue. This was never resolved because they either forgot to do a final one after the initial 516 RWHP dyno or it got lost in the shuffle. But all in all the GT/SC work is awesome, that being said I have no beef with Roger or his integrity in the end.

Roger is the man he has always helped me with anything that I have needed. I find this hard to believe. SA and SPP have always come through for me. Good luck to ya

Roger is the man he has always helped me with anything that I have needed. I find this hard to believe. SA and SPP have always come through for me. Good luck to ya

Me too. +1

It sounds like the oil is making it's way through the intake, so there is no residue.

Mines been on and driven about 8,000 miles with no oil loss.

It is a hoot. :)

Mine has been on for over 15,000 miles without any oil loss whatsoever and I would guess that 5,000 of those miles have been on the track going as fast I as I can go until some slow sucker gets in front of me and won't let me pass.

I had the Whipple installed at around 5,000 miles and now I have a little over 20,000 on the SGT.

Mine has been on for over 15,000 miles without any oil loss whatsoever and I would guess that 5,000 of those miles have been on the track going as fast I as I can go until some slow sucker gets in front of me and won't let me pass.

I had the Whipple installed at around 5,000 miles and now I have a little over 20,000 on the SGT.

Sorry to be boring but: Just call Roger.

Jer

What do I need to call Roger for? My Whipple doesn't leak

Sorry, that was meant for the original poster, I quoted the wrong post.

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Archived