TEAM SHELBY FORUM

aerodynamics question

Anyone here run on a high speed track with your Shelby GT? I'm going to a two day event at Road Atlanta with the NASA bunch in December and wondered how the car will hold to the track at high speeds without a rear spoiler. Any advice welcome, thanks

Anyone here run on a high speed track with your Shelby GT? I'm going to a two day event at Road Atlanta with the NASA bunch in December and wondered how the car will hold to the track at high speeds without a rear spoiler. Any advice welcome, thanks

I seem to remember a test where S197 Mustangs got no benefit of ANY spoiler unless it was a FULL rig... as attached below.... anything lower than the roofline was inneffective.

That being said, these cars grip well without downforce help well beyoyond their capable speed.

Jer

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

that may be the first 2010+ aside from the latest boss rendition that I really like! bad ass!

That's on the ZMax Proving Grounds at Las Vegas Motor Speedway during the Shelby Vegas Bash 2011. It's the only car that beat the Ford Falcon Sprint around the track!

Jer

Thanks guys, I feel much better now. The supercharger will help me get up to speed on the back stretch! woo hoo!!!

+1 on the video.

Looks like the passenger can barely see over the dashboard....

CC

Archived