TEAM SHELBY FORUM

COLOR COMBO FOR 2013 SHELBY GT500

braztang

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SuperCharged_66GT350.jpg

Yes Robert got that right, GREAT COLOR COMB.

As info, today I went to a dealership offering a 2012 SVT Black with Silver stripes, I found it to be NOT SO GOOD in the pictures, but personally, it is one of the NICEST ones out there, too bad this comb does not exist for the SVTPP!

I am going CRAZY waiting to see the 2013 Shelby GT500, as I am ALMOST BUYING the 2012!!! I know...I must wait! or regret!

I hope RUMORS are correct...soon we will be able to see THE 2013 Shelby GT500 in the L.A. Auto Show (starting 17 NOV).

Stay safe everyone,

braztang :shoppingcart_:

I hope RUMORS are correct...soon we will be able to see THE 2013 Shelby GT500 in the L.A. Auto Show (starting 17 NOV).

I'll let you know - we're flying through L.A. and stopping at the LAAS just to see the unveil. Beats the hell out of waiting here in the dark for electricity to be restored. :)

I'll let you know - we're flying through L.A. and stopping at the LAAS just to see the unveil. Beats the hell out of waiting here in the dark for electricity to be restored. :)

Madlock,

Please provide some pictures and a report on the LAAS reveal. The 2013 sounds like a beast. I may have to find a good home for my 2011. shift.gif

News reports tonight show quite a bit of damage out your way from the freak October snowstorm. Hope your power is restored in a timely fashion. Sucks not having electricity...

Madlock,

Please provide some pictures and a report on the LAAS reveal. The 2013 sounds like a beast. I may have to find a good home for my 2011.

shift.gif

News reports tonight show quite a bit of damage out your way from the freak October snowstorm. Hope your power is restored in a timely fashion. Sucks not having electricity...

Will do, and thanks.

I know how you feel. The 2013 specs became (relatively) known when my 2012 was being trucked-in from another state. Could be the shortest trade cycle in history.

:)

Things are REALLY hosed, power-wise - anybody with trees SO close to power lines who didn't maintain them ought to be shot in a non-vital body part. I was out on Saturday and saw several trees felled across each side of US-22. Never saw anything like it.

Fortunately, I had the generator and all the propane I bought but DIDN'T need for Irene - which I'd been (thankfully) too lazy to return. Never expected to need it so quickly. I'm fine as long as I have a little space heater, my mini-fridge and some 3G data I cobbled together from tethering my phone to my PC - but I just spent this morning taking a ration from my wife about how much like "camping" it was to get ready this morning - she's definitely NOT a camping kind of girl.

I was surprised to see Comcast down too - which means not TV, Phone or Data for a LOT of people. Thank God for Netflix and streaming news services.

Will do, and thanks.

I know how you feel. The 2013 specs became (relatively) known when my 2012 was being trucked-in from another state. Could be the shortest trade cycle in history.

:)

Things are REALLY hosed, power-wise - anybody with trees SO close to power lines who didn't maintain them ought to be shot in a non-vital body part. I was out on Saturday and saw several trees felled across each side of US-22. Never saw anything like it.

Fortunately, I had the generator and all the propane I bought but DIDN'T need for Irene - which I'd been (thankfully) too lazy to return. Never expected to need it so quickly. I'm fine as long as I have a little space heater, my mini-fridge and some 3G data I cobbled together from tethering my phone to my PC - but I just spent this morning taking a ration from my wife about how much like "camping" it was to get ready this morning - she's definitely NOT a camping kind of girl.

I was surprised to see Comcast down too - which means not TV, Phone or Data for a LOT of people. Thank God for Netflix and streaming news services.

First, I hope the situation gets better very soon and electricity is restored.

I am sure we all will REALLY appreciate your inputs from the LAAS, that will be great.

Stay safe and best regards,

braztang

Highland Green would be good. So would that orange they put on the Raptor. Yellow is another good color for a Mustang. They can take the LIme Squeeze from the Fiesta and put that on a Mustang (but limit it to V6s).

I miss the yellow Mustangs. I don't like the Kona blue that's out now. I like the blue they put on the 2007s. Grabber blue is nice though.

• 2 weeks later...

Highland Green would be good. So would that orange they put on the Raptor. Yellow is another good color for a Mustang. They can take the LIme Squeeze from the Fiesta and put that on a Mustang (but limit it to V6s).

I miss the yellow Mustangs. I don't like the Kona blue that's out now. I like the blue they put on the 2007s. Grabber blue is nice though.

AGREED!

They really have to come out with some different colours, as most of the colours today are just okay.

The Kona blue was a mistake, as far as a study results, FORD should bring back the 2007 BLUE, which was way nicer and simpler.

Grabber blue is nice, as you mentioned, I just love to see that colour, bit I am not sure if I would want to own one, as I am a bit more conservative and the only colour I would say it is an easy CARE is the ingot silver, which I own it, but it is NOT what I really wanted.

Black cars has passed, I own quite a few and I can no longer stand the appearance of scratches, dust, and everything else, even though for me a BLACK CAR is the champion, but would not own it again.

So I just hope to see some different tones in 2013!

Safe ride everyone,

braztang

:worship:

Well......now that the Grabber is available with the black stripe..... I died a little inside. It also looks like the SVT skinny stripes are gone....

What to do what to do...... take a 20k hit on my 2011 and get the 2013 or just invest in mods?

Skinny stripes gone? Sez who?

Damn.

Well......now that the Grabber is available with the black stripe..... I died a little inside. It also looks like the SVT skinny stripes are gone....

What to do what to do...... take a 20k hit on my 2011 and get the 2013 or just invest in mods?

Damn.

the grabber blue/black stripe combo looks incredible

It's the combo I've been hoping for ever since the 2010 was shown. I ended up with a totally different color altogether... But now that I see this behemoth, I'm going to do the unthinkable... The thing I said I'd never do. Sell my first car.

My fiance almost started crying when i told her. She thought it was important for me to keep it....And it is. Ill miss Lois and love her for life.... But I need the grabber/black stripe combo. It calls me in my sleep...

It's the combo I've been hoping for ever since the 2010 was shown. I ended up with a totally different color altogether... But now that I see this behemoth, I'm going to do the unthinkable... The thing I said I'd never do. Sell my first car.

My fiance almost started crying when i told her. She thought it was important for me to keep it....And it is. Ill miss Lois and love her for life.... But I need the grabber/black stripe combo. It calls me in my sleep...

Mulanzo,

I don't think it's the color combo you're hearing... It's more likely the 650hp B E A S T under the hood keeping you awake at night for the past 48 hours or so. happy%20feet.gif

Maybe that too. But really the first thing you see is the color of the car. I can't describe it but even though I have an intense love for my cars color and the rarity of that color, i have this feeling... The same feeling that you get when you have an urge to toss on a new blower. There's SOMETHING I regret from the get go. Unlike a blower, however, a color change is permanent and ruins the cars value on resale. Ive just always wanted the grabber black and it was never available until now. The color contrast is so shocking to me. It hits you like 650 horses kicking you in the face. The color is the perfect match for this monstrous beast. I require it.

Now that I've seen some shots of Deep Impact Blue it looks like that's the color for me. Probably stripe delete since I don't think white stripes would look right with the black back. Maybe black stripes if offered but I'd have to see that first.

Now that I've seen some shots of Deep Impact Blue it looks like that's the color for me. Probably stripe delete since I don't think white stripes would look right with the black back. Maybe black stripes if offered but I'd have to see that first.

RIGHT ON! If the impact blue comes with black stripes, I think it will match the rear end perfectly well,

I also think that is going to be the color comb for me, even though I am not so sure if there will be any other different colors available.

I learned from my FORD DEALERSHIP fleet manager that they will receive the order guide by mid-December.

Kepp us posted in COLORS available as soon as you know it.

Safe ride everyone,

braztang

like to see some shots of deep impact blue can someone post them

The impact blue would actually look really nice with SILVER stripes, in fact probably much better than BLACK stripes, Since the rear end is already blacked out, it may just be the best combination if available.

Safe Ride,

braztang (mustangless)

as I sold mine two days ago...just on the waitlist for the 2013 Shelby! :tumbleweed:

The impact blue would actually look really nice with SILVER stripes, in fact probably much better than BLACK stripes, Since the rear end is already blacked out, it may just be the best combination if available.

Safe Ride,

braztang (mustangless)

as I sold mine two days ago...just on the waitlist for the 2013 Shelby! :tumbleweed:

im on the list to ; just hope dealer greed does not set in and ford offer the shelby on X - PLAN

Mmm, still just a tad too dark for my liking. What is the color they replaced Kona Blue with when the paint became impossible to get? Vivid Blue, was it? Something like that.

Now *that* is the color of Blue I'd like to see make it to production.

My Kona Blue almost looks black at night and just "dark blue" when in the garage. When it's clean and in the sun, it's GREAT looking. Get it dirty and you don't see the metalic in it. Get it out of the sun, and it darkens up. It's not so much "black" looking at night, you just can't tell *what* color it is.

Other than that, I LOVE IT! <lol>

Phill

Well......now that the Grabber is available with the black stripe..... I died a little inside.

A 2010 Roush 427R in Grabber Blue & black was what brought me to buy a Shelby. I saw a GB/bl 427R at a local show & shine drive-in show and I fell in love with it. I wanted on, BADLY.

I started looking all over the Internet (e-bay and craigslist) and found a Kona Blue (listed as Vista Blue) optioned out 2010 Roush 427R at my local dealership. I went in to look at it and found out they had a Kona Blue/white GT500 coming in that was ordered by the local Harley-Davidson dealership owner who backed out and would be for sale at MSRP (MSRP was my "line in the sand").

I got the opportunity to compare a Kona Blue/white Roush 427R and a Kona Blue/white Shelby GT500 side-by-side...AND they got a Black/Silver GT500 in plus they already had a Silver/Blue GT500KR in the showroom so I had my pick of the four. It was *tough* deciding between the Roush and the Shelby but the KR and the Black GT500 were eliminated early on. I wanted a 2010 so that killed the KR and I swore I would never buy another Black vehicle as my truck and one of my Harley's is black (ironically, I have since traded in my BLACK GMC on a BLACK Ford F-150 King Ranch!).

Looking down both sides of the two cars, the lowered stance of the Roush won out easily over the Shelby. Then from the rear the Roush won out again with his more aggressive rear spoiler (it really puts the "fat" Mustang rear end in perspective). I figured I could buy the "stance" (Lower the car with springs) and I could buy a Roush rear wing if I wanted to, so that eased that problem out of the way...Then I compared the front ends and the Shelby grabbed me and sucked me in.

It looked like the mouth of a whale shark, cruising the open waters looking for 427R's and Camaro's to suck up and devour! I was D-O-N-E.

I thought about the fact that (Carroll) Shelby is already a legend and (Jack) Roush is a legend in the making, so why wait (for the legend to be made)? Buy a legacy or buy a legacy in the making?

Hence, the Kona Blue/white 2010 Shelby GT500 that I currently own.

Oh, that and I enjoy tinkering and with the Roush, it's already *done*. There's really nothing more you can do with it where as with the Shelby, I could modify to my hearts content.

And I have.

That's my story,

Phill

A 2010 Roush 427R in Grabber Blue & black was what brought me to buy a Shelby. I saw a GB/bl 427R at a local show & shine drive-in show and I fell in love with it. I wanted on, BADLY.

I started looking all over the Internet (e-bay and craigslist) and found a Kona Blue (listed as Vista Blue) optioned out 2010 Roush 427R at my local dealership. I went in to look at it and found out they had a Kona Blue/white GT500 coming in that was ordered by the local Harley-Davidson dealership owner who backed out and would be for sale at MSRP (MSRP was my "line in the sand").

I got the opportunity to compare a Kona Blue/white Roush 427R and a Kona Blue/white Shelby GT500 side-by-side...AND they got a Black/Silver GT500 in plus they already had a Silver/Blue GT500KR in the showroom so I had my pick of the four. It was *tough* deciding between the Roush and the Shelby but the KR and the Black GT500 were eliminated early on. I wanted a 2010 so that killed the KR and I swore I would never buy another Black vehicle as my truck and one of my Harley's is black (ironically, I have since traded in my BLACK GMC on a BLACK Ford F-150 King Ranch!).

Looking down both sides of the two cars, the lowered stance of the Roush won out easily over the Shelby. Then from the rear the Roush won out again with his more aggressive rear spoiler (it really puts the "fat" Mustang rear end in perspective). I figured I could buy the "stance" (Lower the car with springs) and I could buy a Roush rear wing if I wanted to, so that eased that problem out of the way...Then I compared the front ends and the Shelby grabbed me and sucked me in.

It looked like the mouth of a whale shark, cruising the open waters looking for 427R's and Camaro's to suck up and devour! I was D-O-N-E.

I thought about the fact that (Carroll) Shelby is already a legend and (Jack) Roush is a legend in the making, so why wait (for the legend to be made)? Buy a legacy or buy a legacy in the making?

Hence, the Kona Blue/white 2010 Shelby GT500 that I currently own.

Oh, that and I enjoy tinkering and with the Roush, it's already *done*. There's really nothing more you can do with it where as with the Shelby, I could modify to my hearts content.

And I have.

That's my story,

Phill

GREAT STORY Phil,

Interesting facts and I am sure you got what really you wanted it and it must be beautiful.

Now, I just read news from DON'T KNOW if source is credible, TALKING ABOUT AVAILABLE COLORS on the 2013 SHELBY GT...

Interesting! "This 2013 Shelby GT500 color will produce with two colors. They are blue and green. Everyone will like to have it." :headscratch:

The website I found this : http://www.coolcheapcars.com/2013-shelby-gt500-come-with-strong-design-body.html

Lets see if it is true!

Stay safe and have a great weekend.

braztang

Archived