TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Michael Mann: is he doing "Go Like Hell" (the movie) or not?

I liked Michael Mann's films since he did Miami Vice on TV (the movie Miami Vice I thought was too darkly lit, but that's another story).

anyhow read in the trade papers like Hollywood Reporter that he is mulling over whether to do a gangster movie (despite the sore reception to his last one, with Johnny Depp) or

A.J. Baime's "Go Like Hell" a book bought by 20th Century Fox. That was months ago but each time I check the net, it says he is still trying to decide. Anybody got any updated news?

Casting? film locations? etc.

(Ps it's great that someone replicated the body of the J-car as that could make an interesting sequence. Don't know what chassis it's on.

I liked Michael Mann's films since he did Miami Vice on TV (the movie Miami Vice I thought was too darkly lit, but that's another story).

anyhow read in the trade papers like Hollywood Reporter that he is mulling over whether to do a gangster movie (despite the sore reception to his last one, with Johnny Depp) or

A.J. Baime's "Go Like Hell" a book bought by 20th Century Fox. That was months ago but each time I check the net, it says he is still trying to decide. Anybody got any updated news?

Casting? film locations? etc.

(Ps it's great that someone replicated the body of the J-car as that could make an interesting sequence. Don't know what chassis it's on.

I tore through that book in very short order. What a great read!

• 4 years later...

Just trying to see if this movie is going to ever come to the big screen, but looks like it might not. This is kind of old, but I haven't see any more recent news about this movie in a while:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/606434-michael-mann-lines-up-next-feature-ferrari-story-go-like-hell

As a side note, did anyone buy some Ferrari today ?

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/12/investing/ferrari-ipo-race/

Archived