TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone else having warranty issues?

So, I had the GT350 home for about a day before someone noticed my brake calipers which have “SHELBY” inscribed in blue letters was missing some paint. In other words, one caliper was missing the blue paint in one letter and another caliper was missing blue paint on another. I took a picture, sent them to SAI, and the solution is to send the calipers back to Baer for a repaint and return. My question to those of you who have more than my limited experience in caliper replacement is this…. Is Ford going to give up a hoist for the two weeks or more that it takes to wait for the returned calipers? If not, I do not want them pushing my car around the shop, as I presume they cannot drive the car without brakes.

I am just a little more than surprised that SAI did not notice this before they shipped the car. And, as a business owner myself, disappointed I am working with Baer, and not Shelby for the warranty on this.

Thoughts are solicited here…

Going through multiple layers of the Supply Chain to address Warranty is unfortunate but you need to read the fine print and you will see you agreed to this….

I'm sure I did not agree to take delivery of a car that was not finished.

So, I had the GT350 home for about a day before someone noticed my brake calipers which have “SHELBY” inscribed in blue letters was missing some paint. In other words, one caliper was missing the blue paint in one letter and another caliper was missing blue paint on another. I took a picture, sent them to SAI, and the solution is to send the calipers back to Baer for a repaint and return. My question to those of you who have more than my limited experience in caliper replacement is this…. Is Ford going to give up a hoist for the two weeks or more that it takes to wait for the returned calipers? If not, I do not want them pushing my car around the shop, as I presume they cannot drive the car without brakes.

I am just a little more than surprised that SAI did not notice this before they shipped the car. And, as a business owner myself, disappointed I am working with Baer, and not Shelby for the warranty on this.

Thoughts are solicited here…

When you say Ford, I assume you mean the dealership. If so the answer to that question is no, your car will not sit on lift waiting for the calipers to be sent out painted and returned. The last place I would want my car to be would be rattling around the dealership...

Was it a museum delivery (when you may have had a chance to notice the flaw) or was your GT-350 delivered by carrier? Either way, good luck... because the calipers should have been rejected by Shelby before installation during production.

No museum delivery. And my thoughts completely. Someone noticed these defects and still mounted them on the car.

When you say Ford, I assume you mean the dealership. If so the answer to that question is no, your car will not sit on lift waiting for the calipers to be sent out painted and returned. The last place I would want my car to be would be rattling around the dealership...

+ infinity.

I'm sure I did not agree to take delivery of a car that was not finished.

When I said that you have agreed to this means exactly as I stated----you agreed after accepting delivery of the vehicle and payment was rendered to accept the Warranty provisions of the contract and unless they are in violation of the Warranty provisions then you will need to follow them.

It is not good that you have to work through the Supply Chain---that really sucks but you are not the only one this has happened to from what I have read on this forum. Don't mean to bring up that nasty thread from a couple months ago but it is what it is.

Why not ask them to ship 2 new calipers and you can send the defect ones back after the swap.

edit: GG beat me to it, great minds think alike! ;@)

The issue is with three calipers, and Baer's position (according to my discussions with SAI) is that the calipers are only in need of paint, not replacement. So, back to my original point. SAI put these on knowing it would be someone else's problem to deal with. And one would think the way to keep the customer happy would be to send out 3 new ones and then receive the old ones back in one motion.

You know sounds stupid but you may just want to use a detail brush yourself and paint it in...imo The dealer wait alone would make me shudder...my car was at dealer for too long and came back dinged...I gave up and took it somewhere else...These cars don't get the respect they deserve in a dealers back lot IMO....

Are you near LV ?

Archived