TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 GT500 Recaro Seats

71sixpack

Hi All, I am in the process of purchasing a '12 GT500. This will be my first Shelby but my 8th Mustang since the early '90's. Current car is '06 GT Conv. The car in question has the Recaro seat option. The fit is snug, I'm 260lbs, but feels fine. My question is to those who have the seats, how are they for the long haul. If I take a few hour road trip am I going to regret this option? I can order a car without them for the same deal but the one on the showroom floor I can have now. Test drive revealed no issues but I'm worried about comfort on a long trip. Thanks to all for your help.

Joe

Hi All, I am in the process of purchasing a '12 GT500. This will be my first Shelby but my 8th Mustang since the early '90's. Current car is '06 GT Conv. The car in question has the Recaro seat option. The fit is snug, I'm 260lbs, but feels fine. My question is to those who have the seats, how are they for the long haul. If I take a few hour road trip am I going to regret this option? I can order a car without them for the same deal but the one on the showroom floor I can have now. Test drive revealed no issues but I'm worried about comfort on a long trip. Thanks to all for your help.

Joe

Love mine---am 240 and they make the car for me. After sitting in the Recaro the regular seats are too soft no support--made for the older gerneration.. Posted a thread about my 2k mile trip last month and the seats made it fun as much as the car.

Joe

You will not regret it. I just got mine 2 weeks ago and I am 6'-4" and 270lbs and I love the seats. Good luck

post-34505-0-63586200-1317154721_thumb.jpg

post-34505-0-63586200-1317154721_thumb.jpg

Archived