TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Helaina's Two Beauties Detailed & Ready for Terlingua

vapor08GT500

Any one of you that follows anything Terlingua, knows by now that Helaina bought Leann's Automatic Tungsten 07 Shelby Terlingua. After a week of improvements and repairs, Mac (as Helaina has named her, because I originally built much of the car, and Mac is short for Mackenzie) she is ready along with her younger sister, Cali, who needed some cleaning and detailing after 5500 miles of Cannonballing and crosscountrying. Here are both cars detailed inside and out, engine and underside, inside of wheels etc.

CaliandMac001.jpg

CaliandMac002.jpg

CaliandMac003.jpg

CaliandMac004.jpg

CaliandMac005.jpg

CaliandMac006.jpg

CaliandMac007.jpg

CaliandMac008.jpg

CaliandMac009.jpg

CaliandMac010.jpg

CaliandMac011.jpg

CaliandMac012.jpg

CaliandMac013.jpg

CaliandMac014.jpg

CaliandMac015.jpg

Alex

I am also surprized of the change of owner on the bunny. What does Leann have now as she was so proud of that car?

The 5.0 looks very nice. Very aggressive stance with the wheel / tire staggard & offset etc. Nice ghost flames and splitter. Sits perfect IMO. Not to sure about the carbon fiber under the hood. Maybe a cold air intake would soften the look. But pictures don't do justice at times. Can't wait to see it some time in person.

Nice job.

Jeff (JeffJ), Even though we never talked about it in Texas, yes, Helaina did buy Leann's Terlingua. When Leann chose to sell her car because of family reasons, I told her to email Helaina as she wanted one and really wanted an automatic, one of 5 automatic Terlingua's built ( Christine's Vista Blue, David's Grabber Orange Vert, Blip's Grabber Orange, Dan's Windveil Blue, and Leann's) It was great to see you and Carrie, as always!!

Dan (Blown Away), Yes, it was a bad ass caravan to Texas...I hope next year, that you and Laura can make it and see it first hand....pictures do not do this even justice....it is a blast!!!

Rob (Grabber), Helaina does have a huge bite of the Mustang Bug.....she is up to 14 Mustangs now. If I had my way ( she needs more space now...LOL) she will have many more!!! I hope that you and Tana will be able to make this trek next year, you will not regret it....

Sherri (msmap), You know Helaina...she wants her beauties to look their best, so at least we get pictures before they get all dirty....she and Ron will handle the "After Terlingua" detail on their own, but they never post the pics!!! At least "ya all" get pics here...hehehe....

Helaina (herpony), I have learned to ignore your comments...otherwise, I would have a complex ( or worse OCD/CDO) Inside Joke...LOL

David (VorpalBunny), No words can describe the job that you and the TPS board do....beyond amazing. I am so glad that I got to experience your home this year as I promised to do (missed last year). You and Reine have an AMAZING view and home, thank you both!! Can't wait for next year!!! I am also so glad that you and Marco got to drive my Shelby on at the airport dragstrip....the expression on your faces after was priceless....

Harald (HOO50), Thank you!! If you saw it in person, you would understand...it is totally Helaina.....looks much better in person than any words or pictures can describe....The 2011 (CALI) is 100% Helaina and full function. The car is totally balanced as far as looks, handling, braking, power, efficiency, and comfort. 10K miles and counting....

jerseygator, thank you.....one of these days we will meet!!! We had a blast...I know it is far from you, but not a good enough excuse....If Bruno and Helaina can make it from NJ, so can you.... :)

Dan (MY500SS), I am so glad you and Marji made it!!! Was one of the highlights of this year for me. Sorry about the wild pig hitting your front end and Shi^^ing on the front bumper!! I know you were tired of hearing me saying how much fun you were missing, now you got to experience it first hand....bucket list....NO...I know you will both be back next year...LOL..

Robert ( robertlane), Yep, she got it. Woo Hoo...she loves automatics and grey colors....Hopefully you and Sharon can make it next year....your both missing lots of fun....hehe

Chad (NordicShelby), Shelby does...called the GTS, built off the V6 or the GT base car, you already probably know, but the 3.7 V6 is pretty potent.....great to finally meet you in Dearborn....BASH??

Blip, maybe make Helaina a cartoon of her cars?? She would love that!!! Would be nice to meet you sometime soon...

Michael (mywickedshelby) It is always a pleasure to see you and Dale!! I am so glad you were able to make it again this year...we need to get Helaina to have another car out here next year too, so you can come again. Or maybe some more upgrades for yours or Dale's Shelby...No excuse for not being a T12 participant.....LOL

Dan and Rob...I think Helaina will be there...Patrick and Astrid have been talking about this for a while, I hope it happens, as it will be incredible....

Here are some more final completion pictures before we left for Terlingua 11......

CaliandMac018.jpg

CaliandMac026.jpg

CaliandMac020.jpg]

[CaliandMac021.jpg

CaliandMac021.jpg

CaliandMac022.jpg

CaliandMac023.jpg

CaliandMac024.jpg

CaliandMac025.jpg

CaliandMac026.jpg

Alex

Alex,

Great update and so goood to see you and the whole group in Terlingua!!!!

It is wonderful to see all our friends, help our communtiy and to be able to make memories and have such fun. This event takes everyone to make it happen. Everyone is welcome so please cotnact me for T12 if you are thinking of coming!

vorpl8@yahoo.com or any board member they can be found ehre: www.terlinguapreservationsociety.com

David

after the long ride to Terlingua.......some drag racing and a quick wash from the Terlingua HS kids........the new "2" were ready for another photo shoot....

this time at Terlingua Airport.......

L1100597.jpg

L1100592.jpg

L1100588.jpg

L1100598.jpg

and here are the rest from our little photo shoot.....

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh83/mywickedshelby/Terlingua%202011/e%20Airport/?start=all

after the long ride to Terlingua.......some drag racing and a quick wash from the Terlingua HS kids........the new "2" were ready for another photo shoot....

this time at Terlingua Airport.......

L1100597.jpg

L1100592.jpg

L1100588.jpg

L1100598.jpg

and here are the rest from our little photo shoot.....

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh83/mywickedshelby/Terlingua%202011/e%20Airport/?start=all

Nice photo shoot. Cars look great with the background.

Archived