TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just picked up my Alloy GT500 and she has new wheels

shadow

His car is alittle lower in the front then mine but i can tell you with the sitffer shocks you wont hit the front under braking no way. I went with steeda springs and after seeing this car i can tell you H&r are the only way to go. THIS is how THE GT500 should have come from the factory my car parked next to this one still looks liek a 4x4 and mine came down 1.25 front and 1.5 rear

TIRES ARE BF GOODRICH T/A KDW. I WENT FOR A RIDE IN MY CAR A DID A GROUND POUNDING STOP FROM 80 (I EVEN UPED THE ANTE)SPLITTER STILL THERE.P.S.NEVER PANIC ALLWAYS STAY UNDER CONTROL.

K, now go 60mph over some speed bumps in forward and reverse. Then drop speed by 5mph and continue that run till you find out how fast you can go without crushing your front and rear end.

Post pics and video please.

:banana piano:

Dropping,

Most speed bumps will not be a problem (at any speed) how ever i would use caution if you your self try this as areas that have speed bumps mostly have them for a reason ie. to slow you down to between 2-5 mph. DOT states that speed bumps can only be installed if the speed limit is less then and not = to 25 mph.

j/k, Sorry could not resist its i Civil Engineer in me

Dropping,

Most speed bumps will not be a problem (at any speed) how ever i would use caution if you your self try this as areas that have speed bumps mostly have them for a reason ie. to slow you down to between 2-5 mph. DOT states that speed bumps can only be installed if the speed limit is less then and not = to 25 mph.

j/k, Sorry could not resist its i Civil Engineer in me

I was totally kidding man, just making a joke. :)

I would never go over a speed bump faster than 0-5mph you can hit your exhaust, it's hell on the shocks and struts etc..

:headspin:

• 2 weeks later...
After lowering my Shelby my splitter is 4.5 inches off the ground and I have done hard stops from high speed and no problems. No speed bump problems either.

Did you have to install LCA relocation brackets when you lowered the car?

Did you have to install LCA relocation brackets when you lowered the car?

Yes, I installed the relo brackets. Also, I did the Steeda bumsteer kit, adjustable endlinks, Tokico D-spec strut/shocks, adjustable panhard rod and support, and the A arms. The car handles great and held up well at the speedway last week.

Yes, I installed the relo brackets. Also, I did the Steeda bumsteer kit, adjustable endlinks, Tokico D-spec strut/shocks, adjustable panhard rod and support, and the A arms. The car handles great and held up well at the speedway last week.

Sounds great and looks fantastic. I've installed Fiore LCAs, Eibach Coilovers and I'm adding the BMR relo brackets this weekend. Thanks again.

Stuart

Archived