TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New to the Shelby GT500 scene!!!

livnpaintball2

Hi guys! I bought a 09 GT500 the other day with low low miles. I traded in my EVO-X because I got the Power bug again. I have some questions and hope you guys are nice enough to help me out.

1) Is it normal to have some valve train noise, like valve/rocker clearance?

2) Whats the oil of choice for these monsters in texas?

3) What the best way to get rid of the wheel hop?

4) Does the ECM keep a flash count?

5) Who's a good tuner in DFW?

Any tips and tricks are welcome!

Hi guys! I bought a 09 GT500 the other day with low low miles. I traded in my EVO-X because I got the Power bug again. I have some questions and hope you guys are nice enough to help me out.

1) Is it normal to have some valve train noise, like valve/rocker clearance?

2) Whats the oil of choice for these monsters in texas?

3) What the best way to get rid of the wheel hop?

Camt help a lot but you do get some noise, hard to say without standing there. Oil wise, stick with recomended. I lowered my car, no more wheel hop but, Im sure there are better ways. Dont know the last two

1) Is it normal to have some valve train noise, like valve/rocker clearance?A set of MRT muffler deletes will fix that problem straight-up :poke:

2) Whats the oil of choice for these monsters in texas? If you can't get the Motocraft oil at a decent price, try Castrol full synthetic. Stick with the 5w-50, though.

3) What the best way to get rid of the wheel hop? Look at the Roush UCA & bracket. Eliminates the hop without additional noise.

Archived