TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shift ball

4289cobra

Does anyone know if Grabber Pony closed its doors? Can't seem to contact anyone and when trying to order a shift ball you can not get to the place order page.

Not sure if they are closed or not, but I just ordered a shift ball for my wifes car from Speed dog.

I wanted a color that they did not have so I called the 1 800 number and talked to Chris.

He said no problem.

The one I ordered is just like this one except the colors are reversed. I wanted White with Red. He said it would be the same price. He also set me up with the correct adapters. All over the phone.

They have hundreds of shift balls.

https://www.speeddaw...ed-white-stripe

Hey, I know this is a little off topic, but can you tell me how to remove the shifter ball on my 2012? I assume it just unscrews but if so, it is tight as heck.

Yep, and yep!

It just unscrews, and it's tight as HECK!

I got mine off by removing the shift lever, putting the knob in a vice with jaw protectors (two 1/4" pieces of wood) and then using a cresent wrench on the flat part of the shift lever to turn it. Worked like a charm. You can pull the center section of the console out REALLY easy by pulling up on the back end (open the door at the back) and pulling up, disconnecting the wire plugs as you lift. Once you get the console cover up, the shift boot and ring pop out with about 10 clips from the underside. You'll have the shift lever, shift boot and knob in your hand.

Oh yeah, the shift lever is held in with two bolts that go in from the passenger side....unscrew 'em when you get the console top up far enough to access them.

That is the quickest, easiest way *I* found to get the ball off.

HTH,

Phill Pollard

Yep, and yep!

It just unscrews, and it's tight as HECK!

I got mine off by removing the shift lever, putting the knob in a vice with jaw protectors (two 1/4" pieces of wood) and then using a cresent wrench on the flat part of the shift lever to turn it. Worked like a charm. You can pull the center section of the console out REALLY easy by pulling up on the back end (open the door at the back) and pulling up, disconnecting the wire plugs as you lift. Once you get the console cover up, the shift boot and ring pop out with about 10 clips from the underside. You'll have the shift lever, shift boot and knob in your hand.

Oh yeah, the shift lever is held in with two bolts that go in from the passenger side....unscrew 'em when you get the console top up far enough to access them.

That is the quickest, easiest way *I* found to get the ball off.

HTH,

Phill Pollard

Much appreciated!

Archived