TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track insurance

SPEEDY168

I originally put this in the wrong forum section, but can anyone help with this ? I am going to the Mustang Roundup in Hastings Nebraska this weekend. I have never been on a roadcourse before and must admit that I am a little nervous about it. Does anyone know where I can get track insurance just in case ? and no its not an HPDE sanctioned event, I tried.

If it is a well run event with a beginner run group, you won't have any problems. They should have a driver's meeting at the start of each day and will explain everything to you. Even if they don't have instructors, they should have plenty of folks there to provide answers to any questions you may have. And if you are still nervous, you can always watch the first session. Have fun!

Speedy

Although I haven't used them you might check out Lockton Affinity. They provide HPDE insurance. As Red indicated above most tracks have a novice class for beginners and don't allow passing. Most tracks will have a few instructors available to ride with you and help you with driving the correct line ect. Hope you enjoy and get hooked like the rest of us.

I have been looking forward to this for 4 months. I cant wait. The positive comments make me feel a little more comfortable. I talked to the organizer last night, he said that there are plenty of insrtuctors to go around and the cars are spaced out far enough apart that the only danage would be if I backed into someone in the parking lot. I even found a video app for my Android so I can overlay the track with GPS and get MPH lap times.... Did I mention I cant wait ?:sing_rain:

I have been looking forward to this for 4 months. I cant wait. The positive comments make me feel a little more comfortable. I talked to the organizer last night, he said that there are plenty of insrtuctors to go around and the cars are spaced out far enough apart that the only danage would be if I backed into someone in the parking lot. I even found a video app for my Android so I can overlay the track with GPS and get MPH lap times.... Did I mention I cant wait ?:sing_rain:

Whats the app called???

BTW - You will have a blast!

The app is called AlapRecorder. its in the Android market. You can video record the run and then it automatically overlaps the road/course with Google maps.

https://market.andro...der&so=1&c=apps

thanks for the heads up on the app, I will try it in Terlingua this week! :happy feet:

I originally put this in the wrong forum section, but can anyone help with this ? I am going to the Mustang Roundup in Hastings Nebraska this weekend. I have never been on a roadcourse before and must admit that I am a little nervous about it. Does anyone know where I can get track insurance just in case ? and no its not an HPDE sanctioned event, I tried.

Is the round up at MPH?

Archived