TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BOSS 302 Laguna Seca wrecked

Cali_KR

Very sad indeed, lucky this dumbass didn't hit any kids...throw the book at him...

A Wisconsin man decided to flex his newly-acquired beer muscles by testing his newly-acquired track-ready Mustang on a local street. He lost control, clobbered a Jeep Grand Cherokee and caromed into a tree. He probably thought he was taking the Zanardi line down the corkscrew.

The 35-year-old man now faces charges after he allegedly downed up to ten beers at a cookout, then took his $50,000 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca for a joyride. Police say he was traveling at speeds of up to 70 miles per hour when he went into a spin. The subsequent crash ripped off the driver's side door, and a passenger suffered a compound fracture in his right arm.

The Mustang owner's been charged with one count of first offense operating while intoxicated and causing injury, along with one count of reckless driving and causing injury for good measure. He could get two years in jail if he's convicted, along with a probable punch in the throat by the Mustang forum guys.

mustang_laguna_seca_crash.jpg

mustang_laguna_seca_crash.jpg

I wonder if this is the first one that is a total loss. Let's see 10 beers x 12 ounces = BAC of .18-.20% depending on his weight, food intake, and period of consumption along with several other factors, yep it does equal a "DA" for sure.

I hate that color combo also on this LS Boss.

GG

• 4 months later...

I have been just about as stupid at least once in my life. I'm glad I didn't do any damage. Good thing no one was injured. Hopefully the driver got an education. Part of the problem, besides the alcohol, is that these cars today have so much power it is easy for them to get away from you even when you are straight and sober.

I have been just about as stupid at least once in my life. I'm glad I didn't do any damage. Good thing no one was injured. Hopefully the driver got an education. Part of the problem, besides the alcohol, is that these cars today have so much power it is easy for them to get away from you even when you are straight and sober.

You really nailed what the bigger issue is with these cars. For those of us who are old, we thought we had hot cars when we were running Mustangs with horsepower in the the 350 range (using the old horsepower measuring method) and, trust me, they ran well. But look at what we have now. A stock Shelby GT, forget the GT500 for a moment, will do 150 (and could go higher) while running the A/C and the stereo full blast. The cars are so quick, so fast, and so competent that the average person is going to be in over his/her head before realizing that traction control does not suspend the laws of physics.

Jim

You really nailed what the bigger issue is with these cars. For those of us who are old, we thought we had hot cars when we were running Mustangs with horsepower in the the 350 range (using the old horsepower measuring method) and, trust me, they ran well. But look at what we have now. A stock Shelby GT, forget the GT500 for a moment, will do 150 (and could go higher) while running the A/C and the stereo full blast. The cars are so quick, so fast, and so competent that the average person is going to be in over his/her head before realizing that traction control does not suspend the laws of physics.

Jim

Very true and great comment.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they should hang him, one becuase of what he did to the car and then to the passenger and for putting the public at risk of death or injury. I know it seems like a little rough but at least throw him in jail and never let him drive again at least, I hate drunk drivers :drool:

Archived