TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kenne Bell instead of Whipple

Got a call from SA today. They will be using Kenne Bell until the Whipple passes some EPA test, or at least that's how I understand it. Still 624hp. Any thoughts on this? I'm thinking having one of 5,10,20... with the Kenne Bell instead of Whipple may make the car more valuable someday down the road.

I have had good luck with the Whipple 550 on my SGT. I would only choose Whipple especially after reading many of Kenne Bells responses to people critizing thier product.

Any time I call Whipple I get a question answered politely and they always go beyond the call of duty to help me.

I agree that the Ford Racing part or Whipple is my preference.

Saying that I originally waited for a paxton to get "certified" and it never happened.

Glad it worked out that I got the Whipple.

I would do a ton of research thts what I did and the KB was ruled out for me

Got a call from SA today. They will be using Kenne Bell until the Whipple passes some EPA test, or at least that's how I understand it. Still 624hp. Any thoughts on this? I'm thinking having one of 5,10,20... with the Kenne Bell instead of Whipple may make the car more valuable someday down the road.

I’m confuzzled here. All the current Whipple / Ford Racing are currently 50 state legal, right? How would a Kenne Bell be 50 state legal?

I’m confuzzled here. All the current Whipple / Ford Racing are currently 50 state legal, right? How would a Kenne Bell be 50 state legal?

It has to do with the 2012's 5.0 engines from Ford, and getting a blessing from the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). Apparently Kenne Bell has their shit together more than Whipple and already has the sign-off from this lovely government agency.

A friend runs a road construction company and says the EPA can be a huge pain in the ass.

I have a Kenne Bell 2.8 LC on my 2011 gt500 and couldnt be happier.Their customer service is first rate and even spoke directly with Jim (the Owner).If heat soak is a concern,and it should be the Liquid Cooled Kenne Bell is your only choice.Dynoed at 705 rwhp on a Mustang Dyno with 19lbs of boost.No contest here folks go with Kenne Bell LC and youll be a believer too.

The KB is pretty awesome on a 5.0 BOSS engine, but I will say it sounds like when you have a bearing going out on your alternator. Seriously. All the same, the new one put out 850rwhp on my friends BOSS. My experience so far with my car is putting more HP on it would pointless tho, so no point even thinking KB for my car. If I was still waiting, I'm not sure what I would do.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived