TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Purpose of LCA Brackets

Cobra 29

I understand that the installation of LCAs and LCA brackets help with launch and wheels hop. I understand how the LCArms can help by comparing the after market parts with the OEM parts. How do the LCA brackets help? I assume because they position the axle end of the LCA lower which provides more leverage to keep the axle from turning upward on launch???

Thanks in advance, Dave B

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a great article that explains lca brackets.

LCA Brackets

Thanks for that article as it really explains a lot. I also wanted to ask if there was a particular manufacturer and bushing type that you would recommend. I plan on keeping my 500 stock except for a future CAI, tune and I have KR mufflers and I do not plan on lowering it, Thanks

@ SoFL05GT,

Great job on those rear end mods and awesome pics! Looks great, and the worksmanship seems stellar! Did you have "rear end hop" on both launching & going over bumps on turns? Can you describe the ride now versas stock? How has it improved wheel hop? Modding the rear end on my GT500 is real high on the priority list.

Cheers,

Moncho

@ SoFL05GT,

Great job on those rear end mods and awesome pics! Looks great, and the worksmanship seems stellar! Did you have "rear end hop" on both launching & going over bumps on turns? Can you describe the ride now versas stock? How has it improved wheel hop? Modding the rear end on my GT500 is real high on the priority list.

Cheers,

Moncho

Thanks Moncho! I had lots of wheel hop, as well as squatting, while launching. I haven't been to the drag strip since the install, but the difference should be night and day. Since the install the backend feels much tighter and more responsive. During hard acceleration there's no more squatting. In fact the opposite occurs, which feels kind of old school, like back in the days when I had traction bars installed. I've never experienced hopping over bumps on turns, because I don't road race. I also have a Steeda adjustable upper control arm to install, which I will likely do after cooler temps arrive in So FL. I've installed an UCA before, and they're not much fun on jack stands.

SoFL05GT,

Sounds like all your efforts have paid off, next will be to verify on the track. :shift: I don't road race as well, the hopping I get is from standard accellaration around a slight turn while going over a bump. It's enought to get your attention for sure. If your not experiencing this hopping on mild driving on secondary roads & highways your are probably good to go.

Thanks again for sharing all the information!

Cheers,

Moncho

Archived