TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 FR (Video)

Staff

SHELBY GT500 FR

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Still images.

Roaming the streets in Dearborn, MI.

Please explain... what's different vs. standard GT500? How did you know it was a "FR" (what is a "FR")?

Ford Racing? Factory Racer? Don't know.

Notice it's stance? sweet. I loved the way it sounds at the very end of the vid. :drop:

Did you also notice that it did not have the 3-piece race wheels?

I was wondering if they wanted to blend it in with 'regular' GT500s.....or if this was closer :hyper: to a production "thingamajiggy" :hyper:

Maybe we'll all find out next week!!!!! :baby:

Painted Mirrors, Hood Pins, No Shelby Lettering, No Antenna, Racing style seats with belts & the Stripe kit that has no gaps btw. the body panels can only mean we are seeing a limited production car ..... as in an Cobra "R" Model from Ford Racing, hence the FR after the GT500.

Build it & they will come :yup:

SHELBY GT500 FR

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Still images.

Can this Video be posted as a MS-Windows video? I don't have a Quicktime Video player that works properly?

SHELBY GT500 FR

Still images.

Nice job ROB havent seen this yet.Oh oh another mustang on my list my wife is going to kill me!keep up the good work Rob! :banana piano:and keep going FORWARD !!! FORD!!!

Great exhaust!

I would think, that if it was the real deal, everything on there, including the exhaust would be available from Ford Racing. I would be very interested in the exhaust.

I didn't get a good look inside to see about the seats.

I'm sure I'm wrong (so correct me), but I thought the FR had a completely different wheel and a much lower stance in the back?

The hood pins are on Shelby's site.

Has anyone lowered their GT500 and/or gone with 20's. I'm wondering how much it changes the ride/driveability. My McLaren Mustang looks great but it really beats you when you're in it for very long and don't want that for the Shelby.

btw...it's great being here...great site. Thanks Tony for the hook up!

Great exhaust!

I would think, that if it was the real deal, everything on there, including the exhaust would be available from Ford Racing. I would be very interested in the exhaust.

I didn't get a good look inside to see about the seats.

I'm sure I'm wrong (so correct me), but I thought the FR had a completely different wheel and a much lower stance in the back?

The hood pins are on Shelby's site.

Has anyone lowered their GT500 and/or gone with 20's. I'm wondering how much it changes the ride/driveability. My McLaren Mustang looks great but it really beats you when you're in it for very long and don't want that for the Shelby.

btw...it's great being here...great site. Thanks Tony for the hook up!

I had my car lowered with a full H&R coil over kit that is adjustable. I also run the 20'' all the way around. I personally love the stance. It looks quite a bit better. Obviously having lowered it, you will definately more of the road in terms of bumbs and such, and you also have to be very careful going over speed bumps and out and in parking lots, but it does handle a lot better than stock. I will open a new thread in Mods and post pictures.

Can this Video be posted as a MS-Windows video? I don't have a Quicktime Video player that works properly?

Hi, it's a WMV file created on a Windows XP machine.

The lack of gaps suggest these stripes were painted on. Can't tell for sure from these photos, but maybe Robert can comment?

I didn't look to see if the stripes were painted, the blue is absolutely different. In fact, the difference in the blue stripe color along the sound were what caught my attention.

Ford Racing? Factory Racer? Don't know.

Notice it's stance? sweet. I loved the way it sounds at the very end of the vid. :drop:

Did you also notice that it did not have the 3-piece race wheels?

I was wondering if they wanted to blend it in with 'regular' GT500s.....or if this was closer :hyper: to a production "thingamajiggy" :hyper:

Maybe we'll all find out next week!!!!! :baby:

Painted Mirrors, Hood Pins, No Shelby Lettering, No Antenna, Racing style seats with belts & the Stripe kit that has no gaps btw. the body panels can only mean we are seeing a limited production car ..... as in an Cobra "R" Model from Ford Racing, hence the FR after the GT500.

Build it & they will come :yup:

Thanks guys. Could this include stuff in the mythical KR version?

Here's a high-res. closeup of the GT500FR's side stripe and hood.

Sorry to all, but aside from adjusting my drewl bib and taking photos, I didn't notice if the stripes were painted on or not. :finger:

Hood stripes sure look "thin" (making me think painted on), but side stripes (how it curves into the wheel well) makes me think stidk on.

Robert I deleted my Quicktime viewer software & it worked just fine then. Must have been a conflict in my software.

No, it's probably because the poop dog peed on your computer.... he's been marking his territory a lot recently! :hysterical2:

He's currently banned from my profile page because he won't use the yard... :redcard:

Hi, it's a WMV file created on a Windows XP machine.

I didn't look to see if the stripes were painted, the blue is absolutely different. In fact, the difference in the blue stripe color along the sound were what caught my attention.

Robert - I think the stripes are painted on. If you look at the photo you took below, there is no way vinyl will reflect like that. Look at the hood. I think that's a painted stripe with clear coat over it.

By the way - great find and catch.

Thanks,

HSURB

post-6100-1175208074_thumb.jpg

post-6100-1175208074_thumb.jpg

Called my dealer this morning told him i wanted to order the 500FR..he fell out of his chair laughing :hysterical2::hysterical2:

then I sent him the video :headscratch:

he said he's calling his Ford Rep :yup:

LOL! He must of felt like an idiot! Good job! 1 more for the TRUE SHELBY followers/knowERS (no disrespect to the salepeople, except those FAKERS) lol

• 3 weeks later...
Robert - I think the stripes are painted on. If you look at the photo you took below, there is no way vinyl will reflect like that. Look at the hood. I think that's a painted stripe with clear coat over it.

By the way - great find and catch.

Thanks,

HSURB

I agree. If you look at the attachment it shows the rear view of the FR and the same type of view of a GT500. The FR has the stripe on the inside of the rear license plate, but the GT500 does not. That would seem to indicate it is painted on. Also you can see the different rear body work in the color of the car on the FR.

PaintedOnGT500FR.doc

PaintedOnGT500FR.doc

Archived