TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 Shelby GT500 picked up today

creilly333

Hi Guys,

I've been a member here for some time, but never had a Shelby. Today is one of the most exciting days of my life. This morning I picked up my new 2012 Shelby GT500 in black with stripe delete and performance package from my local dealer in Maryland. I've always wanted a Shelby but for various reasons was unable to have one until now. I figured it's now or never. I've had two other Mustangs, an 08 GT and an 11 GT 5.0 that I traded for this car.

The 11 was a very nice car and pretty quick I thought, that is until I drove the Shelby. I love the performance package, the suspension is nice and tight and the car holds the road extremely well. I've heard others say it is harsh, but personally I like it the way it is. I also got the Recaro's which are pretty cool indeed. It doesn't have the electronics package, but I can live without that. The performance and handling is what I purchased this car for. So far I'm pretty ecstatic. I look forward to many years with this car, enjoying it to the full. I'll post up some pics as soon as I get a chance.

Hi Guys,

I've been a member here for some time, but never had a Shelby. Today is one of the most exciting days of my life. This morning I picked up my new 2012 Shelby GT500 in black with stripe delete and performance package from my local dealer in Maryland. I've always wanted a Shelby but for various reasons was unable to have one until now. I figured it's now or never. I've had two other Mustangs, an 08 GT and an 11 GT 5.0 that I traded for this car.

The 11 was a very nice car and pretty quick I thought, that is until I drove the Shelby. I love the performance package, the suspension is nice and tight and the car holds the road extremely well. I've heard others say it is harsh, but personally I like it the way it is. I also got the Recaro's which are pretty cool indeed. It doesn't have the electronics package, but I can live without that. The performance and handling is what I purchased this car for. So far I'm pretty ecstatic. I look forward to many years with this car, enjoying it to the full. I'll post up some pics as soon as I get a chance.

Congrats. Enjoy it. I'll be moving to Maryland (from New Mexico) at the end of October. I am not sure exactly where I'll be living as I haven't had time

to look for a house/apartment. I'll be southeast of DC though. I have a 2007 black GT500 convertible and love mine.

Hi Guys,

You will really enjoy that car. I have a 2010 GT500, black, stripe delete here in Las Vegas.

A lot of great roads to drive on in your area. I lived in Middletown for many years.

Hi Guys,

Your comment resonated with me. The GT's are really cool but only after driving a 500 do you realize what you were missing and why Shelby owners are biased and just a little obsessed about this vehicle. :worship:

Archived