TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front and rear rotors

Maadbeats

Got my Haws HPS pads and front brake cooling ducts. Now looking for the trifecta with some slotted and/or driller front and rear rotors. These will be used for street and track days. What is the better option, just slotted or drilled as well?? Also, what rotors are people using? The shelby option seems a little steep and im sure there are other manufactures that have more competitive pricing along with durability.

I am currently using the stock set up. Brembos up front and crap in the rear

Got my Haws HPS pads and front brake cooling ducts. Now looking for the trifecta with some slotted and/or driller front and rear rotors. These will be used for street and track days. What is the better option, just slotted or drilled as well?? Also, what rotors are people using? The shelby option seems a little steep and im sure there are other manufactures that have more competitive pricing along with durability.

As always, you'll get a variety of opinions. If you do a search, you will find lots of information. I recently went with DBA5000 front rotors from Revan Racing, but haven't had a chance to install them yet. Slotted only. Too many stories of drilled rotors cracking at the track. My goal in upgrading rotors is for safety. I don't want a failure when I am flying down the track needing to turn.

Do not get drilled rotors if you plan to do HPDE. Nobody uses drilled rotors except Porsche(and theirs are not drilled, they are manufactured with the holes). On our heavey cars drilled rotors

crack quickly. I had a set crack on the 2nd day of track use. I posted a thread and pics about 2 years ago. Even with slotted rotors, once you get your speed up(I don't know what level driver you are), you have to monitor them closely. They crack also. I get about 8 track days out of a set of slotted rotors.

BJ

Archived