TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally made it to Shelby Vegas

Hardluck33

I finally had the opportunity to visit Shelby Vegas this morning. Great experience seeing the new line up and older cars. I haven't logged on here in over a year so others have probably stated this in the past--- SHELBY FORGOT THEY MADE 2008 Shelby GT's. There isn't a darn thing for an '08 GT or GT/SC owner... All shirts are for '07 colors (not many). The majority is centered around the GT500 owner...I won't start the inflammatory comments about that. Just needed to vent my disappointment.

The GT500 guys have the majority of the merchandise because they far outnumber the rest of us put together.

I feel your pain regarding the lack of "stuff", try being a CS6/8 owner....lol

The plant & museum are a must see though for anyone in the area. Can't wait to go again :).

The GT500 guys have the majority of the merchandise because they far outnumber the rest of us put together.

I feel your pain regarding the lack of "stuff", try being a CS6/8 owner....lol

The plant & museum are a must see though for anyone in the area. Can't wait to go again :).

What the heck is a CS6....???

As already pointed out, the 2008 SGT has fewer numbers than any of the modern Shelby cars. I suspect it is just a function of market share that there is little out there for us. Divide "us" even more by those with 2008 GT/SC models and we are into really small numbers. Compared to the GT500 numbers, 2008 SGTs, let alone 2008 GT/SCs don't even exist. That is to be expected given they have produced the GT500 for 5 years now (2007-2011). It's kind of the way it has always been. I remember back in 2007, early 2008, there was a bit of "them against us" between the SGT and GT500 crowd. The first Bash took care of that when we all got to know each other. I have not seen anyone take that approach for a long time. The SGT and GT500 are different cars, each special in its own way.

Jim

As already pointed out, the 2008 SGT has fewer numbers than any of the modern Shelby cars. I suspect it is just a function of market share that there is little out there for us. Divide "us" even more by those with 2008 GT/SC models and we are into really small numbers. Compared to the GT500 numbers, 2008 SGTs, let alone 2008 GT/SCs don't even exist. That is to be expected given they have produced the GT500 for 5 years now (2007-2011). It's kind of the way it has always been. I remember back in 2007, early 2008, there was a bit of "them against us" between the SGT and GT500 crowd. The first Bash took care of that when we all got to know each other. I have not seen anyone take that approach for a long time. The SGT and GT500 are different cars, each special in its own way.

Jim

Diffently different in that one is built up north in a big factory and the other is a post-titile conversion specially rebuilt by hand in Las Vegas at the shop with name on the car! Love 'em both. One was produced in the multi- thousands, the other, only a few hundred. hence the fewer goodies available.

Archived