TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Check engine light

09vistablue

I was driving my GT500 today and the check engine light came on. I pulled over did a system check, all pressures and levels are fine and it is running fine , boost etc. Any thoughts on causes, should i just use my sct flash tuner to get the codes and diagnose or take in to a dealer ??

It could be something as simple as resetting a loose gas cap, I would read the codes to see what it throws. On this car I would take to dealer and have them look at it. One never knows. I have found buying one of the inexpensive code readers and the list of what they are really helps with worrying about the check engine light. Just my thoughts..........

GG

Got a p107 - system lean code, I'm gonna guess must have been an oxygen sensor reading as i have had the same tune for three years with no issues thus far, and have not added any major mods (yet drool.gif) other than van's heat exchanger and some kr mufflers. Thanks for the replies guys...

Just for info after doing a little more research it appears a little bit of oil got on my MAF sensor after cleaning my air filter and re-oiling it. Thus the P107 lean code as my MAF was dirty , hopefully this helps someone out in the future..a little MAF cleaner should take care of it..

Archived