TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How accurate is the estimated delivery date?

ToddL

14 months after putting down a deposit, I finally have a VIN, build date, and estimated delivery. :happy feet: They list the build date as 4/2-4/9, and the estimated delivery between 4/21-4/28.

That seems pretty sporty compared to others on this forum. Does anyone with a recent delivery have a realistic expectation they can share with me for a delivery date if the car is built by 4/9?

Thanks

14 months after putting down a deposit, I finally have a VIN, build date, and estimated delivery. :happy feet: They list the build date as 4/2-4/9, and the estimated delivery between 4/21-4/28.

That seems pretty sporty compared to others on this forum. Does anyone with a recent delivery have a realistic expectation they can share with me for a delivery date if the car is built by 4/9?

Thanks

It all depends. It could be on time where you get it by the end of the month or it could take longer. Depends on striping if they are behind, or shipping to get it loaded and shipped out, or any quality holds that could pop up. If all goes well with no hold ups then it should be on time. Just depends what comes up at that time if anything at all.

The good news is they issued a full vin and scheduled it. So it is coming!

It all depends. It could be on time where you get it by the end of the month or it could take longer. Depends on striping if they are behind, or shipping to get it loaded and shipped out, or any quality holds that could pop up. If all goes well with no hold ups then it should be on time. Just depends what comes up at that time if anything at all.

The good news is they issued a full vin and scheduled it. So it is coming!

Mine was built week of 3/5 due at dealer 3/16-3/23 I picked it up the 16th . Its well worth the wait.

For what it's worth, my build date is also 4/02 to 4/09 and CS has said delivery week of 4/23, zone rep says delivery week of 4/16. Based on what I have read here delivery seems likely in mid-May. You never know what quality hold or rail car shortage may occur. Just keep buying mods to ease the pain.

For what it's worth, my build date is also 4/02 to 4/09 and CS has said delivery week of 4/23, zone rep says delivery week of 4/16. Based on what I have read here delivery seems likely in mid-May. You never know what quality hold or rail car shortage may occur. Just keep buying mods to ease the pain.

Hey Emmetcs, I see your from Hobe Sound. I grew up in Jupiter, FL, and lived in Port Salerno for a couple years also. Now I am in sunny Chandler AZ.

Ours may be built on the same day. My VIN is 1871. Its getting close!

Good input guys. It looks like the delivery dates are getting closer to the estimates than before. At least I hope they are.

TL

I posted another message under a different thread about an email I got from a friend who works in the Shelby Plant. Here is his email about possible holdups.

Quote "Your Car is scheduled to be built on 03-30-07. It will be held a couple

of days in Paint Shop for extra special inspection. Then a couple of

more days because it has to be sent across to another building to have

the stripes put on. One bad thing that I did hear is that It will be

shipped by rail and there is a shortage of rail cars to send them on,

don't know how long that will take."

Hope they find some rail cars quick-anxiety is killing me!

I posted another message under a different thread about an email I got from a friend who works in the Shelby Plant. Here is his email about possible holdups.

Quote "Your Car is scheduled to be built on 03-30-07. It will be held a couple

of days in Paint Shop for extra special inspection. Then a couple of

more days because it has to be sent across to another building to have

the stripes put on. One bad thing that I did hear is that It will be

shipped by rail and there is a shortage of rail cars to send them on,

don't know how long that will take."

Hope they find some rail cars quick-anxiety is killing me!

I went through the same things last August with mine. Mine was also held up for the clutch inspection. You wll see yours by the end of April if it's built this week. Take a deep breath and say Mustang, 500 Horses. :hysterical:

Hey Emmetcs, I see your from Hobe Sound. I grew up in Jupiter, FL, and lived in Port Salerno for a couple years also. Now I am in sunny Chandler AZ.

Ours may be built on the same day. My VIN is 1871. Its getting close!

Good input guys. It looks like the delivery dates are getting closer to the estimates than before. At least I hope they are.

TL

How do you like AZ compared to FL - probably not as many hurricanes - or winning football or basketball teams! My VIN is 1891 so probably on the same day or next day anyway. Zone rep now says delivery on 16th April - how is that possible - used to be shipped on 16th - so he's probably smoking something. I've prepared myself for mid-May and I'm sticking to it.

ECS

How do you like AZ compared to FL - probably not as many hurricanes - or winning football or basketball teams! My VIN is 1891 so probably on the same day or next day anyway. Zone rep now says delivery on 16th April - how is that possible - used to be shipped on 16th - so he's probably smoking something. I've prepared myself for mid-May and I'm sticking to it.

ECS

emmetcs,

AZ is great. The summer is about as miserable as FL though. I miss boating and diving a bit, but AZ has a lot of outdoor activities as well. Its a much better job market out here for Aerospace engineers. I used to work at Pratt & Whitney. When that went away, there was not a lot of options around, so here I am in AZ.

Not many good college teams, but the Suns are kicking butt this year.

I am also planning mid May. If it happens before, that will be Ok too.

Archived