TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LCA relocation bracket install

NMAv

How long does it take to install the LCA relocation brackets. Trying ot judge if this is a evening jjob or a Saturday job. Looks pretty easy/straighforward. does anything else need to be done when this is complete? Someone mentioned something about an allignment????

OK, that sounds like a Saturday project. I want to do the bump stops as well so I will but the rear in the air, remove the tires, do the bump stops during the week, then to the LCA relocation brackets on Saturday.

Thanks guys - since I plan to add better tires and a TVS over the winter I think I am going to have them welded in. My only hesitation is that I hate squeaks and rattles. I know there is a strong possibility of this when adding suspension parts. If I bolted them in I can always remove and take them out worst case scenario. Welding complicates this a bit.

I am thinking of BMR bracket with roush billet LCA with the rubber bushings compared to poly bushings. I am willing to trade off some traction for no NVH. Thoughts??? I am about to make a mistake?

The brackets will not be the cause of a squeak so no problems there. I would suggest at least poly bushings as it is hard to get rubber to be stiff enough to keep things from moving around more then needed. If you have any type of exhaust work then you more then likely won't here mor nvh then now anyways. Hope that helps. I have all hiem joint connection points and I can deal with the extra noise. I just push on the loud pedal some more.

I'm about to put on some bmr lca and bmr lca relocation brackets. I have good power and sticky tires. Is the idea behind welding the relocation brackets that it can come off with all the torque? U would think if the hardware is torqued down properly, it wouldn't be an issue.

With good power and sticky tires I would recommend welding them in. If they are not welded in they have a tendency to bend which can cause issues with pinion angle and tires hitting wheel wells.

Archived