TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Else have a passion for hunting?

Can't wait!

Spending 9 days in the wilderness hunting MI Black Bear! :happy feet:

Do-it ourself hunt near the porcupine Mountains. 4th trip thus far (3 hunting, 1 took son for his hunting trip) Hoping this is the year for me to bring one home :worship:

1 Bear has been brought home during each trip with opportunities for at least 2 bears!

Hope you don't get snuck up from the rear and get eaten. :hysterical: Just Kidding Scott

When you look into the bears eyes don't you see a big furry puppy with big teeth and claws?:wub:

Okay your going to have to send me some Bear jerky and some steaks so I can try bear for the first time. I don't think I could ever shoot one but I sure can eat one. :evil2.0:

Can't wait!

Spending 9 days in the wilderness hunting MI Black Bear! happy%20feet.gif

Do-it ourself hunt near the porcupine Mountains. 4th trip thus far (3 hunting, 1 took son for his hunting trip) Hoping this is the year for me to bring one home :worship:

1 Bear has been brought home during each trip with opportunities for at least 2 bears!

Good luck on the hunt......sounds like a blast!

Bow season for Deer starts on Saturday down here......can't wait! smiley-sport020.gif

Yeah..........................I likes killing stuff and then eat'n it!

:spiteful:

• 3 weeks later...

Had a GREAT time in Northern MI!

After my third trip to the north for Bear, I finally scored this year :happy feet:

Having a nice Bear Rug being made.

Already starting to plan for next year :happy feet:

Pics or it didn't happen... jk hysterical.gif

Nice Bear Scott

I shot a P&Y Cinnamon Bear in the Spring of 2010 with my Bow in Alberta on a friends property. Living in Michigan gives us many opportunities and I keep thinking of going to the UP to hunt blacks with my bow but havent yet.

This weekend as you know is the bow opener and I have 2 dandy bucks on my trail camera. I am guessing one will gross 155 to 160 and the other could be 170 plus and I am not inflating the numbers. Both are wide racked and tall with multiple tines. Hope to catch one or both before the season ends. Now that it is almost time to put the car away is the time to be in the woods........................

Cliff

Chad, Chad, Chad Oh never mind :slapfight:

Cliff,

Great job on the cinnamon bear! Yes, I too am preparing for the 3 months of hunting starting on Saturday! Don't hesitate to call me if u need some helping taking down either of the big boys you have on trail camera :drool: Good luck to you for the upcoming season. Can't wait to see pics!

The UP bear hunting is a rewarding trek to take! For us its even more rewarding in that it's completey a do it ourself hunt on public lands! This makes 5 treks for my buddy in this area (4 for me) and on each trip we have had 3 hunters the first 3 trips and the last 2 trips 2 hunters. Each of the 5 trips has brought home one Bear with opportunities for at least 2 :happy feet: We're already planning for next year!

I'm into hunting white tail deer. If a black bear strolls past, I'll let 'em walk. Not into eating a bear so no use in killing it. (that's just me)

But, if it's brown, it's down !

Looking to fill the freezer with venison again this year.

doer.jpg

• 1 month later...

Scott is the real deal.........watch out drivers and watch out deer.................

The man will race you fast and the man will sit still longer...........Loves to drive (both cars and deer)........LOL.

Had a great time this weekend Scott and too bad weather stunk. We will get em next week. Cliff

Archived