TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SO ALL IS QUIET NOW

hourigan218

A Little indicator on the tail lights. Could just be the angle but, they said they would be more straight up and down

http://www.ford.com/...gallery/photos/

Check the gold car

I think that is an angled shot of the 2012 only, but lets hope for a change on the angle...

I read you are retired USAF, I am also a former Brazilian Air Force, worked as a liason officer with the USAF for a long time, and now I am with the UN Aviation Safety.

regards,

braztang

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could care less about a FEW HP but bottom line is the ZL1 HAS NO SOUL!!! Looks like something from a Transformer Movie!! Opppppsssssss NEVER MIND!! :doh:

That is SO true.

I've rarely seen a vehicle that was INTENDED to look so "cool" - that isn't. It's almost ENTIRELY form over function - and even the form isn't terrific. Everything from the trunk opening to the lack of navigation to the control placement comes at the expense of anything that actually makes them worth using.

And that doesn't even touch upon how it drives.

I suspect ZL1 will follow the same path RS and SS have followed so far - the same slovenly chassis, only with more components from the Vette part bin thrown-in. Horsepower is no mean feat - making the car worth driving is, and Camaro is anything BUT.

Unless they come up with some pretty amazing tuning or modifications to the 6.2L going into ZL1, they're going to have to gear the hell out of it to come anywhere CLOSE to avoiding any kind of guzzler tax - AGAIN at the expense of performance.

ZL1 will be for people who desperately want to LOOK cool. GT500 is for people who already are - and never had to try. Creating a "super" version of an already-half assed car just compounds the embarrassment. For $60B, you'd think GM could've done just a little bit better.

That is SO true.

I've rarely seen a vehicle that was INTENDED to look so "cool" - that isn't. It's almost ENTIRELY form over function - and even the form isn't terrific. Everything from the trunk opening to the lack of navigation to the control placement comes at the expense of anything that actually makes them worth using.

And that doesn't even touch upon how it drives.

I suspect ZL1 will follow the same path RS and SS have followed so far - the same slovenly chassis, only with more components from the Vette part bin thrown-in. Horsepower is no mean feat - making the car worth driving is, and Camaro is anything BUT.

Unless they come up with some pretty amazing tuning or modifications to the 6.2L going into ZL1, they're going to have to gear the hell out of it to come anywhere CLOSE to avoiding any kind of guzzler tax - AGAIN at the expense of performance.

ZL1 will be for people who desperately want to LOOK cool. GT500 is for people who already are - and never had to try. Creating a "super" version of an already-half assed car just compounds the embarrassment. For $60B, you'd think GM could've done just a little bit better.

I have to disagree. The ZL1 will be one heck of a performer given so much of the tech is coming directly from the CTS-V. GM is putting a lot of effort into this car and it can't be taken lightly. The one thing I will agree on from just a cosmetic standpoint is a lot of style over function.

Ok so we know all about the new camaro, sorry no capital letters for that car its not worth them. We know it will have some balls but we are getting side tracked I mean really does anyone here truly give a sh&t about the camaro, OH sorry does anyone really care about THAT car? CAN'T USE BAD LANGUAGE. So any one out there here about any new info on the new SHELBY? Any new spy photos, release date, order info, anything? I have been putting off buying a 2012 to wait for the "13" model I sure hope its worth all the hype. :rant2:

Keep in mind that the Crapmaro will weigh ~ 4200 lbs. :eek5:

I also believe the GT500 will have the better power to weight ratio. The only thing hindering it will be the traction issue. If Ford adds some sort of traction control and a TVS, then it's game over. :banvictory:

i think the SCRAPMARO will be over 4200lbs.thats almost as much as the rattlelac cts v.the GT500 will punish the zl1. :happy feet: :hysterical:

Ok so we know all about the new camaro, sorry no capital letters for that car its not worth them. We know it will have some balls but we are getting side tracked I mean really does anyone here truly give a sh&t about the camaro, OH sorry does anyone really care about THAT car? CAN'T USE BAD LANGUAGE. So any one out there here about any new info on the new SHELBY? Any new spy photos, release date, order info, anything? I have been putting off buying a 2012 to wait for the "13" model I sure hope its worth all the hype. :rant2:

I agree 100%.

I don't care what the crudmaro is or will be. It looks like something on the bottom of my shoe.

Any new info on the 2013 Shelby, (even Mustang) spy photos, spec, colors, etc.

:shift:

There seems to be some sort of consensus in the auto press that the 2013 Mustang body style, etc. changes will first be shown off at the LA auto show (Nov. 18). FWIW:

http://www.mustangevolution.com/mustang-news/redesigned-2013-mustang-to-be-revealed-at-la-auto-show/

Hopefully we will hear about the '13 GT500 then. But Ford could decide to spread the debuts of the special models, Boss 302 and GT500 across some combination of the the Detroit (Jan) , Chicago (Feb) and NY (April) shows.

I really surprised Ford has done more to rain on GM's parade with the ZL1. Now that the ZL1 info is out they should drop more 2013 info.

Ford has done just that but by leaking the info regarding the TVS etc. to the auto press who then reports it. Fairly common scenario. The 2013 GT500 should be a big jump up the ladder and another winner for Ford. They will need the bump to stay ahead of the ZL1 as the LSA is serious piece capable of currently powering a 2 ton plus Cadillac to 12 flat quarter miles. GM is likely coming to the table with this one right from the start. The factory installed 305s and various traction related refinements will allow the ZL1 to dig in from a dead start or low speed stomp.

Ford has done just that but by leaking the info regarding the TVS etc. to the auto press who then reports it. Fairly common scenario. The 2013 GT500 should be a big jump up the ladder and another winner for Ford. They will need the bump to stay ahead of the ZL1 as the LSA is serious piece capable of currently powering a 2 ton plus Cadillac to 12 flat quarter miles. GM is likely coming to the table with this one right from the start. The factory installed 305s and various traction related refinements will allow the ZL1 to dig in from a dead start or low speed stomp.

Don't forget the ZL1 will also have an auto trans available. It's going to be tough for the GT500 to beat an automatic ZL1.

Don't forget the ZL1 will also have an auto trans available. It's going to be tough for the GT500 to beat an automatic ZL1.

Yeah, the ZL1 isn't going to win the beauty contest but looks to be a solid performer with a very sophisticated suspension and traction control system. It is more about which player can actually transmit the power into acceleration via traction and not which one has the higher peak rated HP figure. The automatic ZL1s will be tough straight line performers for sure.

It is a given that the ZL1 will eat the Shelby's for lunch because of the automatic and computers. :rant2: Very sad but true because it will get it to the ground much more effectively than the Ford will. GM has always pounded sand on Ford in that department. The ZL1 is still a automobile without a soul!! :boring:

Archived