TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SO ALL IS QUIET NOW

hourigan218

OK OK Children no more fighting, We are here to find out about the new "13" model and so a few of us get carried away with hopes about the new car. I started this thread because like many of you I am waiting to buy the new shelby, so we get a little excited when we here new about any details the ford reps will release or get leaked. I dont own a shelby yet, I have to make due with a 67 shelby clone which I love. So I will continue EAGERLY waiting and listening for any details. P.S. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG :beerchug:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figure they're waiting on Chevy to finalize the latest on their newest Camaro hi-po edition before they show thier hand. Whatever Chevy puts out, the Ford (i.e. Shelby) edition will be slightly higher.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/03/2013-shelby-gt500-to-top-camaro-zl1-with-600-hp.html

I figure they're waiting on Chevy to finalize the latest on their newest Camaro hi-po edition before they show thier hand. Whatever Chevy puts out, the Ford (i.e. Shelby) edition will be slightly higher.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/03/2013-shelby-gt500-to-top-camaro-zl1-with-600-hp.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car/11q1/2013_ford_mustang_shelby_gt500_to_have_camaro_zl1_slapping_600-plus_horsepower-future_cars

Yes it did! GM is putting a lot of effort into the ZL1.

I'm hoping Ford really pulls out all the stops on the 2013 GT500. The GT500 as it currently sits, I believe, already has the engine power to beat the ZL1. It just needs refinement to traction, handling and launch.

I believe even the stock 2011 - 2012 GT500 has enough power to weight ratio to take a ZL1 from a role and a 1/4 mile run will peobably be a driver's race. If Ford does add a TVS and some traction it will be embarassing for GM. They just didnt go far enough with the ZL1. Having not seen one in person, i can say pics and the video make it look cheap.

I believe even the stock 2011 - 2012 GT500 has enough power to weight ratio to take a ZL1 from a role and a 1/4 mile run will peobably be a driver's race. If Ford does add a TVS and some traction it will be embarassing for GM. They just didnt go far enough with the ZL1. Having not seen one in person, i can say pics and the video make it look cheap.

Ultimately the Camaro is hindered by the Vette. GM has to keep a suitable performance gap between the 2 models. Still it's interesting times ahead in the muscle car wars.

:talkhand:

WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!

Not bad at all!

The only odd on the CAMARO is that I find it to look WAY to busy, I could never consider buying a camaro, IMO, I would definitely buy a Challenger instead!

I just hope that I can afford a 2013 Shelby GT500 next year!

For now...I keep my high performance 2011 GT 5.0 which is beating NON-STOP shelbys on the 1/4 mile out there.

Take care all,

braztang :worship:

Ultimately the Camaro is hindered by the Vette. GM has to keep a suitable performance gap between the 2 models. Still it's interesting times ahead in the muscle car wars.

True, but it also benefits from the Vette's technology.

I wish Ford still made the GT supercar so that we could get some of that technology. :peelout:

The ZL1s TVS topped 6.2L motor is pile driver for sure. A conservative tune on that set up is easily well into the 600s at the clutch and will be regardless of advertised ratings. The 2013 GT500 without a significant power increase over current levels is dead meat against GMs new primo level Pony Car offering. This is going to be fun.

Possible......although a TVS on a 5.4 will make GMs "primo level pony car" look like a joke performance wise.....kinda like its "batman" appearance does !!!! I do agree its about time GM offers a car comparable to the Shelby....now if Dodge would!!!

Yeah the TVS on the 5.4 is an absloute monster. Had the great opportunity to take an '08 GT500 with a TVS for a romp and it is the real deal.

Have to agree. It looks cheap although it seems they have improved the interior. Knowing some of the people at Ford, I can say, they dont seem worried

Archived