TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing 3V Intake Manifold

So now that all the brouhaha has died down (presumably) on the Ford Racing 3V composite material intake manifold....what is the concensus on its versatility?

That is, not so much the performance aspects of the manifold, but rather have the concerns on the longevity of the item and the movement of the injectors and fuel rails been resolved?

Just curious - kinda lost track of the subject.

kc

So now that all the brouhaha has died down (presumably) on the Ford Racing 3V composite material intake manifold....what is the concensus on its versatility?

That is, not so much the performance aspects of the manifold, but rather have the concerns on the longevity of the item and the movement of the injectors and fuel rails been resolved?

kc

Great topic .... updates would be awesome!!

kc

I've only had mine since June but no issues. I'd like to here what the guys that are running FI have to say about it since that would be something in my future.

Well mine caught on fire the other day because an injector popped out from the flexing and squirted fuel on the header. Ok that was total BS lol. I've had mine for about a year now and have run it on 2 engines. N/A, ,spraying a 125 shot through it and now I've been boosting it with 12-13 psi for about 6 months. No issues whatsoever.

It will with dropping the motor via BBR adjustable motor mounts 3/4"

web.jpg

If you have have any questions or concerns let me know and hopefully I can help

Andrew

Whats up Andrew , I will change my mounts but to solid that way my martini's are shaken not stirred !!!!

regards to the family

I most have been gone to long when did you juice that bad boy ???

Hey Anthony

It has been a long and winding road from the Black Whipple to the White Zex

The motor mounts do make the ride a little more hars.

I hope you are doing well love your new paint job !

Take it easy,

Andrew

Hey Anthony

It has been a long and winding road from the Black Whipple to the White Zex

The motor mounts do make the ride a little more hars.

I hope you are doing well love your new paint job !

Take it easy,

Andrew

Thanks Andrew if the wife doesn't put a bullet in my head for being anal with the paint job. My 4yr old is fed up with me, I ended up repainting the stripes on the trunk and bumper. That took me 3hrs due to me measuring

and remeasuring. When installing the intake manifold, I'm going to take the charge motion plate and see if the butterfly can be removed. Then from there seal the shaft holes instead of buying a steed charge motion plate. That will make my intake runners longer for more top end, I hope and maybe a little honing here and there.

Take care and be safe !!

Anthony

Archived