TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will There Be A Fall Team Shelby Event In Texas

09 Red GT500

• 1 month later...

Guess I skipped over this thread....sorry!

We have something in the works we are trying to put together for a hill country cruise. Originally it was going to be the second weekend in November because that typically is the sweet spot for autumn leaves changing color around Los Maples. I talked to the park last week though, and they said that there will likely not be any good time this year due to the extreme drought and heat of this year. It has shocked many trees into already changing and dropping leaves. Many trees have died and even as the temps have dropped out of the ludacris range the last few weeks, there are many more dying still. Bottom line- November doesnt matter, and I brought it up before the local Shelby club in San Antonio last week, and we decided to shoot for December 10th.

So, mark you calender for that date, and we will watch the weather closely. We all know our winters are typically mild and good driving for us, but anytime between Nov 1 and April 1 you can have a bad weekend. Ive spent more days on X mas in shortsleeve shirts than in jackets in my lifetime here though, so Im hopeful.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived