TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rocktoberfest 2011

J&DGT500

pretty good show today, wish the sun was out more.

One thing that was stupid, there was so many people complaining about parking, especially on the band stage side, it seemed all of the cars that arrived 1st was parked on the side and the rest was out front, I heard so many people say something like "I paid "this amount of $$" to come here, and I get parked on the side?" I probably saw 5-7 cars that were on the side, packed up and went through the gate again to be parked out front.

Anywho, here is some of my takes

100_1511.jpg

100_1524.jpg

100_1521.jpg

100_1573.jpg

100_1549.jpg

the rest is here: http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k634/MajMotorsports/2011%20Rocktoberfest/

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was my first Rocktoberfest and it was great! One of the best shows I attended this season if not the best. Thanks go to John for organizing this event and providing the use of his wonderful facility. I am already looking forward to next year's show. By the way, the cook was awsome providing some very good eats.

+1

It was good chating with you Jeff... And Sarah (the cook) made some awesome grub. :happy feet:

pretty good show today, wish the sun was out more.

:headscratch:

It was perfect... It didn't rain.

What did you drive? I don't remember seeing the car in your sig at the show... And I don't see it in Bills pics.

BTW... I also heard folks grumbling about being on the side. I don't know that I agree. It was nice over there with the band and fire trucks. :shrug:

Im confused, how is this truck 1 of 1 only "four door" made?

I seen a white F-150 SS with 4 doors and there was another red 4 door on ebay at the beginning of summer

I was told (right or wrong) that this was the only "full" four door made. There were extended cab versions made, that have four doors, but the back doors are the smaller 'half" doors that open toward the front (suicide door style).

Z-man

:headscratch:

What did you drive? I don't remember seeing the car in your sig at the show... And I don't see it in Bills pics.

BTW... I also heard folks grumbling about being on the side. I don't know that I agree. It was nice over there with the band and fire trucks. :shrug:

Yea your right it was nice because it didnt rain, just it got chilly for me when it was little bit breezy, I was cold and I had 2 shirts and a hoodie on, but when the sun was out I got pretty warm

I took my truck yesterday, I had to leave early to go to work, I didnt want to leave anything in the parking lot at night because I wouldnt be able to keep an eye on it, which was good because there was kids(10-13y/o) running around and I guess trying to open up doors because some alarms went off

yea i didnt understand the grumbling either, I would rather park over there instead of being in the same lot as the hearse.......seriously I dont understand why people bring them to car shows

My guess the grumbling are mostly people that want to win a trophy, probably felt that people wouldnt come over there and vote for their car :shrug:

I wanted to smack a kid across the head :hysterical: what I saw what she did with this car

DSC_0131.jpg

there was this little girl with her grandfather, so goes up to the car, and basically hugs the car and starts playing with the grille and running her hands across and in-out of the air vents, yea she probably doesnt know better but her grandfather was standing right behind her :rant2:

I was told (right or wrong) that this was the only "full" four door made. There were extended cab versions made, that have four doors, but the back doors are the smaller 'half" doors that open toward the front (suicide door style).

Z-man

this is a white SS that is the same style as the Pace Truck.

Anywho after seeing the F150 SS in person, i think it is a sweet truck, surpised it didnt get more interest then only having 5 or 6 made

this is a white SS that is the same style as the Pace Truck.

Anywho after seeing the F150 SS in person, i think it is a sweet truck, surpised it didnt get more interest then only having 5 or 6 made

Yup, that definitely has the same style doors. So now we know there are at least two of them like that. :hysterical:

Seem like I got some "not quite accurate" info about it being a "one of" in terms of the doors.

If you factor in that it's a Pace Truck with those doors, maybe then it's the only one like that. :shrug:

In any case, it's one bad a$$ truck!!!

Z-man

...and I almost forgot (hence the edit). Thanks for posting your pics of the show. As I said, I was concentrating mostly on the Team Shelby area, and you pics helped me see some of the other cars I missed.

Yeah, I'm always looking forward to chatting with TS members! Sorry I missed ya!

By the way Gator it poured on us while we were in New Hope, and all the way home!!! Once again the flower got watered! :hysterical:

Our second annual Team Shelby Northeast Rocktoberfest Car Show is 'in the books'!!! :happy feet:

Here is a link to my photos from the day.... :camera:

You should have been there!!!!

Z-man

I couldn't agree more Bill, once again another great day! As always I has fun chatting with you and Karen, along with everyone else, met some some great new people! Did you take notice that this years photographer had a much better personality than last years did.... :hysterical:

until we meet again.... :beerchug:

Yeah, I'm always looking forward to chatting with TS members! Sorry I missed ya!

By the way Gator it poured on us while we were in New Hope, and all the way home!!! Once again the flower got watered! :hysterical:

Did you guys go to "Victory" just like last year? Who ended up going? Walt invited us, but it was already a long day, and with the kids in tow, it would just have been a little too much.

I couldn't agree more Bill, once again another great day! As always I has fun chatting with you and Karen, along with everyone else, met some some great new people! Did you take notice that this years photographer had a much better personality than last years did.... :hysterical:

until we meet again.... :beerchug:

That wasn't a very difficult challenge to overcome. :) ( I almost feel bad for all the picking we have done on that guy over the past year...but he sure did leave an impression. :devil: )

Did you guys go to "Victory" just like last year? Who ended up going? Walt invited us, but it was already a long day, and with the kids in tow, it would just have been a little too much.

No, It was just me and Sandy and my daughter and her fiancee. We went just to walk around and shop. My daughter was never there before so needless to say she had a blast, as we all did! We had dinner at Karla's just off the main road by the bridge.

DSC_0078.jpgDSC_0199.jpgDSC_0223.jpgIMAG0199.jpg

I Left for a convention early Sunday morning and haven’t had a chance to get on the forum to thank everyone for coming out for Rocktoberfest.

Once again we lucked out with the weather and everyone had a great time.

We even had Nat from Long Island and Jeff from Connecticut come down and both said it was well worth the drive.

Thanks Z-Man for taking all the pic. everyone love them in their plaques.

Gator felt he needed to leave his mark in my lot but who am I to say anything about that...

Lots of great event coming next year stay tuned for details

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

IMAG0199.jpg

post-9980-0-29143500-1317762076_thumb.jpgpost-9980-0-41460000-1317762093_thumb.jpgpost-9980-0-82051900-1317762106_thumb.jpgpost-9980-0-71395100-1317762130_thumb.jpg

I Left for a convention early Sunday morning and haven’t had a chance to get on the forum to thank everyone for coming out for Rocktoberfest.

Once again we lucked out with the weather and everyone had a great time.

We even had Nat from Long Island and Jeff from Connecticut come down and both said it was well worth the drive.

Thanks Z-Man for taking all the pic. everyone love them in their plaques.

Gator felt he needed to leave his mark in my lot but who am I to say anything about that...

Lots of great event coming next year stay tuned for details

What a blast... :happy feet:

Took me days to get the rubber smell out of my garage and nose! :finger:

It was great meeting you and your family. Joe, Gianna, Mom and Dad...

Thanks...

Looking forward to next year.

:salute:

Archived