TEAM SHELBY FORUM

18th Mustangs at Silver Springs

Daphne

Vic made a suggestion that TS members meet at Harry's Seafood Bar & Grill Saturday eve. It is located at 24 SE 1st Av. Ocala.

Phone number 352-840-0900. Check out their web site. http://www.hookedonharrys.com/page/28-4174.htm

Sam, sorry to hear the rotator cuff issue is still causing you grief but glad you can still make it. See you Saturday.

Joe

Harry's Seafood is an excellent choice. Also the weather should be warming up by Friday, low 70's and sunny, mid 70's on Saturday and sunny. Pretty good for January in Ocala. Sam, bring one of your magnetic Devil Bunny logos and I'll stick it on the FR500S. The show wouldn't be complete without the Devil Bunny appearance. Looking forward to the TS get together, regards, Larry CELL 352-360-5088

If anyone's taking a count, please add two to the dinner count at the seafood place Saturday night. New to the forum so I'll be looking for the FR500's owner as the point of contact.

Thanks Mike

Anybody doing the Pony Cruise Friday? I may have a special rider with me taking pictures doing a story on it. ;)

We'll be there. Leaving Oviedo at about 5-5:30 to get to NPD at 7 ish.

Harry's seems to have alot of parking close by . I like larry's idea about the Devil Bunny. How about a small Devil Bunny window decal. It would look cool right under the Dragon on my windshield.

Vic

OK, the weather looks good for this weekend. I'm just 40 miles south of Ocala-Silver Springs and the weather today (Thursday) at 12 noon is sunny and 70 Degrees, tomorrow will be even warmer with little to no rain in the forecast. Hope to see all you Team Shelby members and a Saturday evening get together would be a lot of fun. See you at the show, Regards, Larry cell 352-360-5088 SAI-Team Shelby Registrar, Hertz GT-H.

Snapped a few photos of the Pony Trails Cruise to Cedar Keys from NPD today. I was the driver for Donald Farr of Mustang Monthly Magazine along the cruise. You may have seen him hanging out the window a few times trying to snap pictures or standing along the road to Cedar Keys clicking a few others. I was driving my 2011 Silver Shelby GT-500 and I might add .... a few of you didn't smile (LOL). Hopefully you can click below and check out a few unprofessional ones I took also:

http://www.facebook....19944110&type=1

Nice pics Bill! Sorry I missed you - I was wandering around the show field for a couple of hours on Saturday!

Really great to see so many beautiful cars and touch base with my Team Shelby buds!

Next time, (per Vic's request), instead of the home-made magnets, I'll bring some nice Devil Bunny window decals (the heavy self-stick vinyl kind, like the Team Shelby versions)!

Sam

What a great show. Perfect weather, a really nice 1,000 car show at a great venue. Got to talk to a lot of TS members and the Shelby classes was loaded with cars. NPD does a nice job with this show and they make no pretenses that this is a "trophy driven show". The first 1000 entries got 2 free passes to Silver Springs, and our families got a nice two days of fun. With all good things, there is one negative point I observed. I had never stayed for the trophy presentation before, so this was a first experience. I couldn't help notice that 10% (5 of 44 trophies) of the trophies went to "cars" with radical "blowers" sticking out of their hoods. As I off loaded my trailered race car I couldn't help but note that these "puffer" "blower" trailered cars barely run and are clearly garage queens to the ultimate max. Just MY opinion, but do these "cars" with all their polished chrome even qualify as a "car" or are they just a shiney work of art. I totally enjoyed the car show, but honestly, the "blower cars" don't belong in the same competition with nice original cars, they are just works of one person's opinion of art and present an aura that they are fast, when in fact, they barely run in most cases. OK, now I'm ready for your opinion. Please please , I'm not putting anyone down that likes these "cars", just presenting an alternate point of view, regards, Larry

Larry - I know exactly what you mean! You, of all people, deserved some recognition! (That FR500 was kick-ass and the only one there and the GT350 sounded awesome!)

NPD tried to clamp down on rampant cheating (clubs and or friends voting on individual cars) but I believe it's still very much alive. Also, and this is just an opinion, it seems there also is a "not what you have, but who you know" environment present. This is a really nice venue and a lot of fun, (which has become my mantra to just forget recognition and have fun), it really stinks that this sort of stuff goes on.

Sam

Larry - I know exactly what you mean! You, of all people, deserved some recognition! (That FR500 was kick-ass and the only one there and the GT350 sounded awesome!)

NPD tried to clamp down on rampant cheating (clubs and or friends voting on individual cars) but I believe it's still very much alive. Also, and this is just an opinion, it seems there also is a "not what you have, but who you know" environment present. This is a really nice venue and a lot of fun, (which has become my mantra to just forget recognition and have fun), it really stinks that this sort of stuff goes on.

Sam

Guys, anytime you go to a popular vote event this is what happens. The most chrome, 24 inch rims, wildest paint job, biggest stereo, and then of course …. the most friends win. I know and realize that going in and am only paying for a good “showfield” parking place for the event. Yeah, I’ll clean my car and make it presentable but nothing like I would for an MCA Judged event. I like going to those and seeing the little old lady with the ’65 plain Jane Mustang coupe with 6-cylinder and AM radio, but clean as whistle walk away with an award rather than the guy with the Fox, SN95, or S197 with all the bling bling and all his local trophies on display in front of his car. He’s in shock when you ask him to open his trunk or under the hood for judging. They think shiny paint and chrome is what it takes.

All that’s okay with me as I’m there to look at all the cars and enjoy my day. I’m continually amazed how many 2006-2012 Shelby’s I see at events like the Silver Springs Show. I hardly ever see one on the highway and at the show I must have been 1 of 100 (LOL). It’s all good and I had a blast. Lots of great cars and good people, a fun weekend all the way around.

Well guys,all things considered, we had a great time.

Sam, great seeing you again and loved the "Devil Bunnys" . Got all kinds of finger pointing and comments after i put them on the fender above the Cobra.

Larry, Joe(Hot Pony) and i really enjoyed talking to you about the FR500. Wish you could have made it to Harry's for dinner it was Great Food and Fun.

Bill, maybe we'll get to meet at one of the up comming events this year. We do have the Waterford Lakes show coming up in Feb.,Jax is in May (Sam will be at that one),Shelbyfest in april,Warwick RI in July (that ones going to be a Hoot),and then theres........

Vic

Well guys,all things considered, we had a great time.

Sam, great seeing you again and loved the "Devil Bunnys" . Got all kinds of finger pointing and comments after i put them on the fender above the Cobra.

Larry, Joe(Hot Pony) and i really enjoyed talking to you about the FR500. Wish you could have made it to Harry's for dinner it was Great Food and Fun.

Bill, maybe we'll get to meet at one of the up comming events this year. We do have the Waterford Lakes show coming up in Feb.,Jax is in May (Sam will be at that one),Shelbyfest in april,Warwick RI in July (that ones going to be a Hoot),and then theres........

Vic

. . . . Carlisle, that's my next big event (and annual for the last 13 years in a row). :worship:

Hey Vic, I did make it to Harry's Seafood, got there around 8pm. I thought I saw you outside on the terrace. We had 7 of us inside, mostly at the bar, personally maybe the wine diluted my senses !!! This was really a great show and I'll be there next year. Next will be Waterford Lakes ?? I'll start a link and look forward to that show. Larry

Hey Don, looked for you this weekend but couldn't find you. Were you not present or did i not look good enough.

Vic

You are correct. I was going to drive the Boss down and for some reason just couldn't get excited enough to go. I think it might have something to do with that tree branch that fell next to my car last year. Do you have any thoughts about going to Shelby Fest again or Carlisle? Missed y'all and glad to hear everyone had a great time.

Don

FIgured I'd give one last call out for anybody with pictures of the event to post up or link to their pictures. Saw lot's of camera's on the cruise and during the show taking pic's. I tried to start a gallery but it wouldn't let me this morning.

I've attached a pic of Donald Farr standing behind my car snapping a pic of a Shelby passing along the causeway to Cedar Key during the Pony Trails Cruise. The pic he was taking might end up in a later issue of Mustang Monthly, who knows? B)

Cedar Keys Cruise.jpg

Cedar Keys Cruise.jpg

FIgured I'd give one last call out for anybody with pictures of the event to post up or link to their pictures. Saw lot's of camera's on the cruise and during the show taking pic's. I tried to start a gallery but it wouldn't let me this morning.

I've attached a pic of Donald Farr standing behind my car snapping a pic of a Shelby passing along the causeway to Cedar Key during the Pony Trails Cruise. The pic he was taking might end up in a later issue of Mustang Monthly, who knows? B)

That looks like Vic's Shelby.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived