TEAM SHELBY FORUM

For Everyone Who's Told sprint200

sprint200

I'll be very "out-of-character" and make a long story short. Many of you know that I've had a Boss 302 Laguna Seca on order since last December. Well it seems that the dealership was one allocation short and what was to be my car is going to a gentleman near Boston. So, rather than cry over spilled milk, I did what I should have done in the first place: Buy a real race car!

With the help of svttim, I have purchased a car built in the championship winning Rehagen Racing shop in Livonia, MI. We brought it home a little over a week ago, and I'm in the process of re-badging it for race duty in the Hallett COMMA racing series for next year. I'll post progress photo's as I go along, but here are some shots from this past weekend.

P1017053.jpg

P1017080.jpg

P1017073.jpg

P1017059.jpg

P1017058.jpg

P1017084.jpg

This is the sister car to svttim's race car, only with a few less "go-fast" parts. So I'll have plenty of room to up-grade..........and a bad excuse if he beats me in next year's Mid-America race! :slapfight:

I'll be very "out-of-character" and make a long story short. Many of you know that I've had a Boss 302 Laguna Seca on order since last December. Well it seems that the dealership was one allocation short and what was to be my car is going to a gentleman near Boston. So, rather than cry over spilled milk, I did what I should have done in the first place: Buy a real race car!

With the help of svttim, I have purchased a car built in the championship winning Rehagen Racing shop in Livonia, MI. We brought it home a little over a week ago, and I'm in the process of re-badging it for race duty in the Hallett COMMA racing series for next year. I'll post progress photo's as I go along, but here are some shots from this past weekend.

P1017053.jpg

P1017080.jpg

P1017073.jpg

P1017059.jpg

P1017058.jpg

P1017084.jpg

This is the sister car to svttim's race car, only with a few less "go-fast" parts. So I'll have plenty of room to up-grade..........and a bad excuse if he beats me in next year's Mid-America race! :slapfight:

Nice post. You made a good choice in selecting Rehagen Racing. One of the premier Mustang race shops anywhere. My FR500S previous owner is currently involved with Rehagen(George Winkler, Winkler Automotive) It looks like they use the "caged body in white" Ford Racing service part as a basis for their many race cars. True race cars are not cheap, but the Rehagen built cars are far cheaper/safer/faster then attempting to build your own. The pictures you posted shows a lot of shared parts with the FR500S and FR500C and Boss 302R cars. Is your car new or does it have a race history ? I chose to go with the "used / as raced" car for the history and of course a cheaper price. A few dings / dents / here and there but adds character to the car. If you do a Google search for "George Winkler Mustang Challenge" there are some neat youtube clips of my FR500S. Good luck in enjoying driving a true race and keep the update posts coming. regards, Larry. note: Red is the only color for a Mustang race car.

gth0007,

I believe this car was a BIW from FRPP and RR added their own cage. It does indeed use many of the FR500S componenrts as well as parts from the Ford GT and FR500C along with some other 3rd party vendors such as Maximum Motorsports. Two big differences between this and an FR500S are the weight and the engine. This is not a "sealed" engine and has a "little" bit more umphhh than the S's and the car is considerably lighter from my understanding. I'll get this one one a set of scales as soon as is practicable.

This car has two NASA "wins", both piloted by Dean Martin, I believe; and some track time for a NASA License school (a driver with which I am aquainted, as well). Let's just say that "The Price (was) Right"! :happy feet:

Archived