TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Mustang Shelby GT 500 Air intake UPGRADE

fastloader

Hello everyone, I am a new mustang owner with a 2010 Mustang Shelby GT 500 , magnaflow exhaust, and waiting for my tuner to arrive shortly. I am not the most mechanically inclined and wanted to know what would the easiest upgrades for horse power. As mentioned I have the 3.5 magnaflow exhaust with 4 inch tips. I wanted to upgrade the COLD AIR INTAKE on the Shelby as it seems easy enough to install and I heard that you can increase horse power up to 40 more!

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I know once I make any changes I have to get a new tune for my tuner. Putting Car in SPORT MODE gives it alittle more hop and it is so fun to drive. Any suggestions on what COLD AIR intake would be the best and if there are any other simple changes that I can do to increase the power of this beast.

Thanks to everyone.

Hello everyone, I am a new mustang owner with a 2010 Mustang Shelby GT 500 , magnaflow exhaust, and waiting for my tuner to arrive shortly. I am not the most mechanically inclined and wanted to know what would the easiest upgrades for horse power. As mentioned I have the 3.5 magnaflow exhaust with 4 inch tips. I wanted to upgrade the COLD AIR INTAKE on the Shelby as it seems easy enough to install and I heard that you can increase horse power up to 40 more!

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I know once I make any changes I have to get a new tune for my tuner. Putting Car in SPORT MODE gives it alittle more hop and it is so fun to drive. Any suggestions on what COLD AIR intake would be the best and if there are any other simple changes that I can do to increase the power of this beast.

Thanks to everyone.

Getting a normal cold air intake replacement like C&L or JLT, Airaid will not give you any added performance or HP. The stock cold air intake on a 2010 is just as good. What you should do is replace the stock tube with a FRPP Res. Eliminator and increase a little flow and get more whine from your supercharger, and go with a replacement filter like airaid or S&B filters. For added HP that is easy and fairly cheap I would recommend The 2.59 pulley and tune from Justin and VMP tuning, That will add another 60 to 80 rear wheel horse and is definately the best bang for the buck on these cars.. One other thing down the road you should consider is the Shelby heat exchanger, These 10's are pronged for heat soak and this mod will really get all your power in play all the time (even after hours of driving)...

Here's a couple of links for ya... Good Luck

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-resonator-eliminator-2010gt500.html

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=346&parent=88

Getting a normal cold air intake replacement like C&L or JLT, Airaid will not give you any added performance or HP. The stock cold air intake on a 2010 is just as good. What you should do is replace the stock tube with a FRPP Res. Eliminator and increase a little flow and get more whine from your supercharger, and go with a replacement filter like airaid or S&B filters. For added HP that is easy and fairly cheap I would recommend The 2.59 pulley and tune from Justin and VMP tuning, That will add another 60 to 80 rear wheel horse and is definately the best bang for the buck on these cars.. One other thing down the road you should consider is the Shelby heat exchanger, These 10's are pronged for heat soak and this mod will really get all your power in play all the time (even after hours of driving)...

Agree with most points but I believe if you upgrade to the JLT 127 CAI you pick up approx 15hp over stock.

Agree with most points but I believe if you upgrade to the JLT 127 CAI you pick up approx 15hp over stock.

+1 JLT 127mm CAI...but don't forget you need a custom tune with this CAI. I got mine from EVO with a 93 tune (EVO stage 1)...huge improvement in throttle response, and my boost was increased (atleast by the gauge) from 8-9 to 10-11psi....

Jay

Thanks for the replies guys! just tuned my shelby with the 93 octane tune and I am thrilled with the performance increase. Very good suggestions, ordered the heat resonator, and looking at a pully and a few other mods. Never was a gear head but can definately see how this becomes addicitive. Thanks again!

Thanks for the replies guys! just tuned my shelby with the 93 octane tune and I am thrilled with the performance increase. Very good suggestions, ordered the heat resonator, and looking at a pully and a few other mods. Never was a gear head but can definately see how this becomes addicitive. Thanks again!

Nice..........after you get that pulley,start saving for that Shelby heat exchanger,they are a must on the 07-10's , even though you won't be adding HP with this mod it will feel like you added a shit load cause you won't have the heat soak. You WON'T regret it....

Archived