TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vert Stripes

kstrong

The stripes look great! :yahoo: I agree with ShelbyGT500 leave the piece above the windshield alone. If you don't mind...how much were the painted stripes? I've gotten a couple of prices but I must have looked like I had more money than brains :hysterical2: The quotes were $5000 and $7000. Too :censored: High!

See my post #29. Some guys think it is too low but about $1000.00 for all but the side stripes on a Alloy Vert. The side stripes painted would be quite a bit- maybe $500.00 to be painted on, he was not sure about the sides. I left my vinyl side stripes on (Tungsten) and I am having the others painted on. I'll post pics. :camera:

Maybe I should leave the crossbar unstripped. :headspin:

The stripes look great! :yahoo: I agree with ShelbyGT500 leave the piece above the windshield alone. If you don't mind...how much were the painted stripes? I've gotten a couple of prices but I must have looked like I had more money than brains :hysterical2: The quotes were $5000 and $7000. Too :censored: High!

I think that is the type of painted stripes that goes on the GT. Mine weren't near that involved. And were $1000 (before delivery, after delivery they went up). They do have a very very small ridge, but I can live with that for $4000. It's so insignificant that when I put down the 7 coats of wax it was never a problem.

This dealership is one of the best I've ever done business with. They know their product, and everyone in the place is there to help.

Two reasons why I didn't paint the windshield facia. First, like everyone has said it doesn't look quite right. And second, is that I'm going to buy the hard top for it when it comes out (this spring), and the paint shop wanted to wait to do the stripes all together, so they can keep them lined up.

Hope this helps.

I spoke with him this morning and said he put the stripe above the window. He taped it up and decided it looked good. I told him to go ahead. I pick it up Thursday. I'll take more photos on the weekend.

He sent a couple photos last night for me to look at. They are a little blurry but he is a painter, not a photographer!

I just ordered my white vert yesterday and am seriously contemplating putting the blue stripes on it. Don't know why they are not putting them on the verts. I think it makes the car, especially the rear of it.

Good luck on yours!

I heard the Carroll would not sign off on the stripes for the verts because they could not go over the roof line. Correct me if you hear different.

Archived