TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vert Stripes

kstrong

I really love the Stripes on the coupes. I want them on the Vert.

The vinyl stripes look complicated and expensive.

I contacted a paint shop that I know does excellent work. He Quoted me under $1000.00

to paint and cover with clear all the stripes, including the side stripe if I want the stock vinyl removed.

Here is my dilemma. He can paint any colour for the stripes I want. :headscratch::yup:

He thought silver metalflake or something similar. Any suggestions?

I am getting an Alloy w/Tungsten side Stripe Convertible. He said there will not be an edge on the stripe, you can wax and polish easier.

Shall I go for Rainbow metalflake, or maybe gold?

Thanks guys/gals in advance. :banana piano:

About 10 years ago I was at a Car Show and there was a 1967GT500 she made a big impression on me.

Other that the 427CJ "Cross Bolt Block" and the full Drag Pack, the owner had repainted her white "the fastest color" :hysterical:

But the main thing was the Stripes where done flawlessly in Blue Pearl! "No color Just Pearl"

That car TO DATE! Was the Baddest Looking GT500 I have ever seen!

I have been thinking a lot about having my stripes removed and replacing them with Pearl Stripes.

post-8247-1174956461_thumb.jpg

I really love the Stripes on the coupes. I want them on the Vert.

The vinyl stripes look complicated and expensive.

I contacted a paint shop that I know does excellent work. He Quoted me under $1000.00

to paint and cover with clear all the stripes, including the side stripe if I want the stock vinyl removed.

Here is my dilemma. He can paint any colour for the stripes I want. :headscratch::yup:

He thought silver metalflake or something similar. Any suggestions?

I am getting an Alloy w/Tungsten side Stripe Convertible. He said there will not be an edge on the stripe, you can wax and polish easier.

Shall I go for Rainbow metalflake, or maybe gold?

Thanks guys/gals in advance. :banana piano:

kstrong - that price would concern me a little. Not saying the shop isn't a good shop. Just comparing to what a couple of others have quoted what they are having to pay to have the stripes properly painted, it sounds a little low.

If I remember correct, the front bumper has to be removed, etc. Just seems like a lot of work and labor for only $1,000. Not that that isn't a significant amount.

Just want to be sure you don't get a surprise. I really hope it turns out great.

HSURB

kstrong - that price would concern me a little. Not saying the shop isn't a good shop. Just comparing to what a couple of others have quoted what they are having to pay to have the stripes properly painted, it sounds a little low.

If I remember correct, the front bumper has to be removed, etc. Just seems like a lot of work and labor for only $1,000. Not that that isn't a significant amount.

Just want to be sure you don't get a surprise. I really hope it turns out great.

HSURB

Waaaay low. Careful.

bj

About 10 years ago I was at a Car Show and there was a 1967GT500 she made a big impression on me.

Other that the 427CJ "Cross Bolt Block" and the full Drag Pack, the owner had repainted her white "the fastest color" :hysterical:

But the main thing was the Stripes where done flawlessly in Blue Pearl! "No color Just Pearl"

That car TO DATE! Was the Baddest Looking GT500 I have ever seen!

I have been thinking a lot about having my stripes removed and replacing them with Pearl Stripes.

White Pearl on an Alloy Vert. Sounds Awsum. I will check that combo out. :idea:

I love the Avatar. Did you notice the Alloy "Stealth" Gt500 in front of it? :hysterical2: I know, so fast you can't see it. :speedie:

HSURB

I know it sounds low but he is really fair. He would do it for less if he did not dismantle it. He will remove all the components and prep them before he paints them. He did the back bumper on my 04 when someone did a hit and run on it two weeks after I got it. Under $300.00 w/Tax. Lifetime warrenty with Ford. A year later I was at a light when a lady changed lanes at a light and toasted the front end bumper with a trailer hitch.. He replaced and painted the front bumper for a great price as well. Crimson Red. :censored:

He is always busy and runs a small family buisiness in a small town. You should see the custom work he does. The scenes jump out at you. Then they shoot lots of clear. He says I will not have any lines, smooth as glass. I will do Photos. :camera: Lots of photos. :camera:

He is waiting to order an Ebony 08 Vert and he is painting on Pearl White stripes on it. :party2:

I love striped vert. I've got the performance white with the vista blue stripes.

They were done at the dealer before I took delivery and couldn't be happier.

The dealer at that time quoted me $1100 for the vinyl and they painted them for $1000 and did a good job. Not the best, but some have said they've spent upwards of $5k for a perfect stripe job. I just couldn't see that.

Good luck and post picks when you get it!!!

I just ordered my white vert yesterday and am seriously contemplating putting the blue stripes on it. Don't know why they are not putting them on the verts. I think it makes the car, especially the rear of it.

Good luck on yours!

• 2 weeks later...

It's all subjective, and all of them are beautiful to me wheather they have stripes or not, but to me having stripes is one of those things that define the car as a Shelby.

post-4213-1175961242_thumb.jpg

Oh, may I recommend that you leave the lower stripes Vinyl? Mainly because there is a higher probability and instance of chipping if the lower stripes are painted on.

post-4213-1175961242_thumb.jpg

I know it sounds low but he is really fair. He would do it for less if he did not dismantle it. He will remove all the components and prep them before he paints them. He did the back bumper on my 04 when someone did a hit and run on it two weeks after I got it. Under $300.00 w/Tax. Lifetime warrenty with Ford. A year later I was at a light when a lady changed lanes at a light and toasted the front end bumper with a trailer hitch.. He replaced and painted the front bumper for a great price as well. Crimson Red. :censored:

He is always busy and runs a small family buisiness in a small town. You should see the custom work he does. The scenes jump out at you. Then they shoot lots of clear. He says I will not have any lines, smooth as glass. I will do Photos. :camera: Lots of photos. :camera:

He is waiting to order an Ebony 08 Vert and he is painting on Pearl White stripes on it. :party2:

Is the shop by you in Canada? I really wish there was a shop that reasonable with that type of quality in my area. I would love to that the stripes painted and buried in clear. I'm constantly concerned about the durability of the vinyl stripes.

HSURB

I just ordered my convertible 2 weeks ago and the dealer now says the strip is an option.I ordered it so we will see if he is correct.The order sheet showed it as an option.

2007 GT500 Convrtible

Alloy Clearcoat

Tungsten Strips

Be careful and verify that they are being put on at the factory. The dealer may try to install them for you and you might not end up with factory stripes because they used some other kind of stripe kit. If it is now an option it is news to me.

Does anyone know the colour of red that is being offered for the end of 2007 run? Red might look good on an Alloy Vert, match the Black/Red interior. My other choice is to go with silver Metalflake stripes, I still have not decided on a colour and I get it started late next week.

Any suggestions for stripe colours for an Alloy Vert?

White would take away the Stealth look. The Stealth factor keeps it ahead of all other colours. :hysterical2:

Red that matched the interior might be nice. It would still have that Stealth like look. Silver would match the wheels and Cobras. Tough decision. My children suggested Pink stripes would be really be different. Ruf, what do you think? :happy feet:

Delivered my Alloy Shelby Vert to the paint shop on Thursday. I picked a date that happened to be an annual get together for the paint guys. 19 professional painters looking at my ride. The owner of the shop kept the keys in his pocket. :banana piano: He said he had allot of offers to break it in. :hysterical2:

After a few hours and a couple of pops they decided the Tungsten Stripes would look the best on the Alloy Vert. I was looking at the Red (Colorado Red) for the stripes. They had all sorts of colour charts to compare with. It was also decided to leave the Original Vinyl Stripes on the side as I would have to paint the doors and front fenders as well. The owner had given me a ballpark figure before not including the side stripes.

Looks like around $1000.00 or less for the top, front and back bumper, hood, trunk and the little bar between the top and windshield to be painted on. Lots of clear. He is going to put the Shelby letters centered on the trunk as well. He said he would give me a really good price as the "Boys" are all interested in the outcome. He has given me excellent pricing in the past. :banana piano: I am anxious to see the outcome! :hyper:

I will get lots of photos once I pick it up, that is if it stops raining and snowing here. :censored:

Delivered my Alloy Shelby Vert to the paint shop on Thursday. I picked a date that happened to be an annual get together for the paint guys. 19 professional painters looking at my ride. The owner of the shop kept the keys in his pocket. :banana piano: He said he had allot of offers to break it in. :hysterical2:

After a few hours and a couple of pops they decided the Tungsten Stripes would look the best on the Alloy Vert. I was looking at the Red (Colorado Red) for the stripes. They had all sorts of colour charts to compare with. It was also decided to leave the Original Vinyl Stripes on the side as I would have to paint the doors and front fenders as well. The owner had given me a ballpark figure before not including the side stripes.

Looks like around $1000.00 or less for the top, front and back bumper, hood, trunk and the little bar between the top and windshield to be painted on. Lots of clear. He is going to put the Shelby letters centered on the trunk as well. He said he would give me a really good price as the "Boys" are all interested in the outcome. He has given me excellent pricing in the past. :banana piano: I am anxious to see the outcome! :hyper:

I will get lots of photos once I pick it up, that is if it stops raining and snowing here. :censored:

Sounds great kstrong. I would have liked the red stripes I think too.

I spent a great deal of time considering the stripes for my vert. My dealer gave me two options. One with the offical vinyl stripes and one painted. And actually the paint was cheaper. They did agree to do it, knowing, that if for any reason at all I didn't like it, I wouldn't accept the car. And they did a beautiful job. I couldn't be happier. I did miss some of the sleeper factor, but there are so many v-6s and gt's that are putting stripes on, it kinda blends in... You know...like a tiger in the jungle. :hysterical2:

I took delivery of the car with the stripes. I did agree to let them keep it in the showroom a couple weeks until they painted it. (it didn't matter to me, I was out of the country)

Either way one goes, I feel, you can't go wrong. The car is stunning with or without them.

Shelby-005-1000.jpgShelby-Front-1000.jpg

I spent a great deal of time considering the stripes for my vert. My dealer gave me two options. One with the offical vinyl stripes and one painted. And actually the paint was cheaper. They did agree to do it, knowing, that if for any reason at all I didn't like it, I wouldn't accept the car. And they did a beautiful job. I couldn't be happier. I did miss some of the sleeper factor, but there are so many v-6s and gt's that are putting stripes on, it kinda blends in... You know...like a tiger in the jungle. :hysterical2:

I took delivery of the car with the stripes. I did agree to let them keep it in the showroom a couple weeks until they painted it. (it didn't matter to me, I was out of the country)

Either way one goes, I feel, you can't go wrong. The car is stunning with or without them.

Shelby-005-1000.jpgShelby-Front-1000.jpg

Looks Great. You did not do the little bar between the window and top. I am still deciding on that spot. :banana piano:

FYI, i saw one that the top was done and it did not look as good as when left blank.My opinion would to leave that part alone .It looked a little funny because it was such a small area just before the large black top area.

The stripes look great! :yahoo: I agree with ShelbyGT500 leave the piece above the windshield alone. If you don't mind...how much were the painted stripes? I've gotten a couple of prices but I must have looked like I had more money than brains :hysterical2: The quotes were $5000 and $7000. Too :censored: High!

Archived