TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Diet

04.5cummins

Hi All-

Been thinking about putting my GT500 on a diet, what are some of the things you guys have done to remove some of the weight from the front end/car?

Thx ia advance,

Gary

Hi-

You can remove some unsprung weight by going to a lighter wheel and tire combo...that MAY shave 20lbs off the front end if you are careful with wheel selection. I have moved my battery to the trunk as well and also have a full Griggs front end... My car is for track use only and only recreational at that.

M.

Hi-

You can remove some unsprung weight by going to a lighter wheel and tire combo...that MAY shave 20lbs off the front end if you are careful with wheel selection. I have moved my battery to the trunk as well and also have a full Griggs front end... My car is for track use only and only recreational at that.

M.

Alum Driveshaft, Braille Battery, Racing seats, Wheels

Aluminum driveshaft

BMR Tubular K-member

I also lost about 20 pounds myself

This is the best option if you are trying to keep the car as close to it sits in stock form (if not better) in terms of handling. Also try:

SFI lighwieght flywheel

SFI IW balencer

Get all tubular suspension (K-Member, control arms front and rear)

Also, it seems obvious but do not fill up the car all the way with gas. I usually fill my car up with about 5-6 gallons unless I know I will be driving for a long distance.

If you start removing sway bars the car will surely be better at a drag strip but not on the street.

It all depends on what your goal is.

Archived