TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where's the last topic?

hourigan218

Me neither! I know lots of fun things going on in the Ford Road Racing world, but am not saying anything until I see it published with a picture of Alan Mullaly and his first born in 15 different publications, based on how some folk treat others here. Also never know when others are watching when you don't know it. When I published those pictures of the Boss 302R motor in the race car in January 2010 here, and then those pictures were picked up by multiple web sites, I thought I was in trouble with my employer in that big glass building across the street from the Daytona race track. But Ford was ok with that as the car was open and public that weekend. My pics were just the first ones to hit the net. No more risks like that by me! I also do not like confrontation! You wouldn't like me when I get angry. I turn green and actually have muscles! :finger::rant2::hysterical:

P.S. no more 1/4 mile times without a notorized copy of the time slip, no matter how slow my car is. :doh:

Speaking of which wheres the timeslip for the dump truck? :@)

i think the gt500 has hit a pricepoint where it will be hard to sell more than 3500-4500 units regardless of the horsepower.the 07-08s did very well piggybacking a very inflated economy where the banks were handing money out left and right without question and couple that with the reemergence of the shelby moniker and you have a great recipe for high sales on a niche vehicle.todays economy has severely limited the number of people willing and able to throw 50-60k at a mustang.that being said the camaro is hideous and 20 extra horsepower dont come close to making up the shortcomings it has over these cars.just my opinion

With the camaro ZL 1 coming out eventually, I assume

By NOV. I think the ford guys r keeping everything as hush as possible till it's out then come out with the 2013. It's all about sales and HP numbers matter here.

It's really not about SALES. The GT500 doesn't really make Ford that much money. Trucks and smaller cars are what brings the money into Ford.

Mustang sales have dipped over the years, the economy and competition are major factors.

So I don't think sales are that important to Ford, regarding the GT500. They just want to stay out in front of the Camaro. 2015 is probably where Ford is really focusing their attention. The 2015 IS the future of Mustang, it will be a game changer. It will mark the beginning of the car being sold on a global market.

2013-14 will perhaps get a minor refresh and a bump in HP to stay ahead of the Camaro. Don't expect much else.

If it does wind up with a tvs either with or without a displacement change, I'm curious as to what extra can be had with a tune and or a pulley change. And really How much more power can be had with .4 liters anyway? Personally I would like better braking and suspension. What do you all think?

A displacement change is not needed. All it will give you is a few extra ponies and worse gas mileage. A TVS alone will bump you 80-100 hp. Add launch control and there you have a ZL1 beater. Now if they really wanted to get crazy they could add VVT, but I'm thinking it's too expensive.

In speaking to one f the Ford reps, They really dont want to reveal anything to the competition. The rumor is, Chebrolet is already delaying the ZL1 to see what Ford does. They are really behind the power curve. The other thing I found interesting, they are looking well past 2015 already. I have heard one reliable rumor, the 13 will have quad exhaust :hysterical:

:drool: Just a thought , If FORD is doing away with the 5.4 and going 5.0 COYOTE and BOSS engines. then why dont they just give that engine a little extra displacement and throw on a TVS or better yet a WHIPPLE and get some serious power. I know KB already had a model for the boss engine but If what you say is true, then i guess the 2013 wont be out till after march and there will be limited pics, specs or any info out until the ZL1 is finally released. But again just my opinion :shrug:

The thread was removed at the request of the person that started the thread.

I am proud to see you here, I am going to be a OWNER of a SHELBY GT500 for 2013...finally my dreams will be fulfiled...to own one of your MAGNINFICIENT MACHINES.

Regards,

Luiz C Laba

braztang

Well I have been asking "alot" of questions and the source that talked me into ordering a 2011, instead of ordering a 2010 back in late 2009, stated that I will "love" what Ford is doing with the Shelby for 2013. This same guy has a 2012 Black Laguna Seca Boss 302 and a 2011 Shelby GT500 Perf. Pack with the FRPP 2.9 Whipple kit. He said that the 2013 will kick the ZL1 Camaro in the butt.........

Archived