TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where's the last topic?

hourigan218

I was just thinking the same.

Either is was total BS or it was spot on, reveling too much.

The wait on info continues on.....

He advised us he was a little too quick in posting his information.

There was a communication error with the source and the facts became

A little distorted in translation.

Nothing ventured..nothing gained...

Yes you are correct in your statement.

Speculation can grow and it's like a snowball. As it rolls it gets bigger and bigger and pretty soon the roomer is out of control. I can tell you that Ford kept there secrets covered up real well so none of us could figure out what the 2013 looks like and made it so none of us could even get close to it. No parts were out in any of the plants for us to see. No sheet metal or engines were visible and they told us nothing during the tours except that we are going to like what they are doing. We are just going to have to wait until they release some info.

I spit my Coke up out my nose reading this...but I can't wait to see the new 500!

Well people hope we can start to get real info now, it's

Only a matter of time before the lid comes off the jar. Each day brings us that much closer. I know some one here at team Shelby knows something but is keeping all to themselves. Not very nice!!!!

The TVS is a lock at this point. The question is whether there will be a displacement increase. This car should have had the twin screw unit from day one along with an appropriate suspension.

The current powertrain is stout but stale after six model years with minimal changes. A big fat bump in advertiseable horsepower would be the cure for sagging sales.

The TVS is a lock at this point. The question is whether there will be a displacement increase. This car should have had the twin screw unit from day one along with an appropriate suspension.

The current powertrain is stout but stale after six model years with minimal changes. A big fat bump in advertiseable horsepower would be the cure for sagging sales.

TVS isn't twin screw.

I know something, and I'm not nice :hysterical:

Me neither! I know lots of fun things going on in the Ford Road Racing world, but am not saying anything until I see it published with a picture of Alan Mullaly and his first born in 15 different publications, based on how some folk treat others here. Also never know when others are watching when you don't know it. When I published those pictures of the Boss 302R motor in the race car in January 2010 here, and then those pictures were picked up by multiple web sites, I thought I was in trouble with my employer in that big glass building across the street from the Daytona race track. But Ford was ok with that as the car was open and public that weekend. My pics were just the first ones to hit the net. No more risks like that by me! I also do not like confrontation! You wouldn't like me when I get angry. I turn green and actually have muscles! :finger::rant2::hysterical:

P.S. no more 1/4 mile times without a notorized copy of the time slip, no matter how slow my car is. :doh:

I remember prodding you for more photos in that thread, Jeff. You obliged. I immediately linked them at corner carvers, and the director of engineering at Ford Racing saw them too. He never said boo...

If it does wind up with a tvs either with or without a displacement change, I'm curious as to what extra can be had with a tune and or a pulley change. And really How much more power can be had with .4 liters anyway? Personally I would like better braking and suspension. What do you all think?

Yes you are correct in your statement.

Speculation can grow and it's like a snowball. As it rolls it gets bigger and bigger and pretty soon the roomer is out of control. I can tell you that Ford kept there secrets covered up real well so none of us could figure out what the 2013 looks like and made it so none of us could even get close to it. No parts were out in any of the plants for us to see. No sheet metal or engines were visible and they told us nothing during the tours except that we are going to like what they are doing. We are just going to have to wait until they release some info.

If funny you mentioned about the plant..

I actually asked the tour guide what was up with the situation as back in 2008 when we were there they had racks of 2010 GT500 hoods and other sheet metal everywhere,

A camo car right in the hallway which someone covered up (eventually) with a "how did that get there" sort of surprise.

One group was actually taken to the paint area which has always been out of bounds and they were striping a 2010 GT500

This time..nothing...not even a crumb....his responce.." those days are over...they have all new rules concerning new product and you won't see anything like that happen ever again".

I guess it's like area 51. Say something and you will disappear or have an accident. I know the new Shelby will levitate and time travel now that's why it's a secret!!!!!

LMAO.......

The ones we have now seem to levitate...well under w.o.t anyway.... and time travel as well....I figure out how far it is and then calculate the time it will take me to get there..lol..

It's still considered 'rumor', and the prior page id mostly devoted to the 2015 Mustang, but this is generally what's been reported by the mainstream media, if anyone's looking for proof of what we've been hearing for the last few months...

http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_vehicles/1110_2015_ford_mustang_what_to_expect/shelby_gt500.html

GT500 sales are week and will get worse without a big splash at this point. Bringing the same power configuration to market for '13 would be a bad move. Recarro seat options, revised tailights, backup cameras, etc are nice appointments but nothing more than fluff on a hard core muscle car like the 500. Power is king in this market. The TVS is on the shelf, a proven package, and the obvious move for the manufacturer. The ZL1 will soon take the lions share of attention. A GT500 with essentially the same old hash under the hood will be virtually ignored by the auto press. A big change is mandatory and Ford is well aware of that fact.

Archived