TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OUCH !!!!! PLEASE HELP

CANADA GUY

Scraped my RF 19" wheel on my 2010 gt500 on a curb. As we know ; the paint is impossible to match.Been to a wheel repair shop already.

CAN'T FIND A 19" OTHER THAN NEW FOR $ 1452.

Has anyone got an idea of where to buy AN OEM 19"??????????HELP PLEASE !!

Scraped my RF 19" wheel on my 2010 gt500 on a curb. As we know ; the paint is impossible to match.Been to a wheel repair shop already.

CAN'T FIND A 19" OTHER THAN NEW FOR $ 1452.

Has anyone got an idea of where to buy AN OEM 19"??????????HELP PLEASE !!

Keep looking around.....I'm sure someone will be selling a set eventually. I have been searching for months, and missed an oppportunity here and there (bad luck I guess) where someone was selling theirs and I just missed it. I am in the process of powdercoating my extra set right now.......will be selling my originals in September. But I guess that doesnt really help you all the way up there !

I did the same on my right front wheel and had it fixed for about $75, of course the stealership got me an amazing deal since they dented my driver's door. You could only tell by getting right up on it. I took it and had it buffed a little to remove the orange peel and it looks good as new. If you can find a guy who really knows what he is doing with wheel repair, it will be very hard to tell.

Keep looking around.....I'm sure someone will be selling a set eventually. I have been searching for months, and missed an oppportunity here and there (bad luck I guess) where someone was selling theirs and I just missed it. I am in the process of powdercoating my extra set right now.......will be selling my originals in September. But I guess that doesnt really help you all the way up there !

Please let me know when yours are available. Thanks!!

Please let me know when yours are available. Thanks!!

i had mine repaired here in Atl at a pro shop that just does wheels--it costs 160 bucks but its perfect. If i were you id go to a high end tire/wheel shop and ask them where the get wheels repaired.I actually took the bead off the wheel and they rebuilt it to match perfectly

i had mine repaired here in Atl at a pro shop that just does wheels--it costs 160 bucks but its perfect. If i were you id go to a high end tire/wheel shop and ask them where the get wheels repaired.I actually took the bead off the wheel and they rebuilt it to match perfectly

I have gone to a large wheel repair place taht deals with all makes.They tell me it is impossible to match the blackish grey clearcoat on the top surfacce.They can do the repair but not the finish.Any ideas I CAN PASS ALONG FOR THE COLOR TINT???

I have gone to a large wheel repair place taht deals with all makes.They tell me it is impossible to match the blackish grey clearcoat on the top surfacce.They can do the repair but not the finish.Any ideas I CAN PASS ALONG FOR THE COLOR TINT???

My guy was mobile. Came out with an airbrush and whatever he needed to make the repair and blend the color. I think you just need a skilled owner operator, not some minimum wage guys at a "large wheel repair place"/

If you want a replacement wheel rather than refinishing your existing one, keep an eye on eBay. You see them for $4-$500 all the time.

No 19 " on ebay now.I will keep looking.Contacted some wheel supply warehousesas well.A refinisher has my oem now.Will keep you advised.Thanks for the help.

You should be bale to find a good repair person with some looking...

But if you still want a NEW OEM Rim, Tousley has them on their site for $961.38 per rim...

Tousley Ford Parts Online

Hope this helps,

GUS

EDIT: Just found these on eBay for $495 per rim...

Ebay auction

The $ 495 price is goosd but the finish is hyper silver - without the black tinge.I have been watching though.Thanks so much !!!

There's also single-wheel listings like this one. Which never seem to be in short supply.

This $ 495 wheel is a brighter finish ( refinished in hyper silver).

jUST GOT MY OEM BACK form the wheel refinisher.It is larger wheels only place with about 12 employees and do a lot of dealer work.Wheel looks perfect - can't see any blemishes at all Price was $ 50 for refinish and $ 20 for rebalance - delivered to my door. Way cheaper than expected.I got very lucky but will have to be more careful in the future.

Thanks everyone for all the help.

END OF THREAD.

I feel your pain everybody. I've had my 2011 for all of two months and just got too close o a curb a few days ago. Pretty minor scrape and chip, but I know it's there and it bothers me big time. Also took a small strip of rubber off the tire the extends just outside the rim, but I think it shouldn't affect the tire integrity after I spoke to a tire dealer about it....Gonna try to get one of those mobile guys to come out and fix the chip / scrape anyway. I'm just mad at myself for getting so tight to the curb; you can get away with that on a truck or high profile tire as he rim won't normally connect, just some rubber.

I also feel you pain. Mine's a DD and I've put 14K very enjoyable miles on it the first year. I've also got two curb scraps, one front and one rear (opposite sides). I'm in the process of looking for a repair place but had even considered going to the convertible 18" wheels as they can be bought new fairly cheap vs the $1400 plus 19" stock wheel. :doh:

I had mine RF wheel refinished once and it cost $80. Car had to stay at the shop for 3 days in lack of a spare tire to drive the car home

Where are you guys finding these people? A competent wheel repair guy will drive to your work, be with your car 1 hour, and leave you with a mint wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

I curb rashed mine really bad one time and had what was said to be the best wheel doctor around, this guy would work on vette's,beamers,Mercedes,and everything else high end, anyways he was highly recommended , but tried three times and it took two weeks and he couldn't match it. So from my experience you'll never be able to match it. But then again mine had to be stripped all the way down and reshot, it was real severe. End result was I had to buy a brand new fucking rim for just under 9 hundred,and I got that price cause I'm good friends with the GM at my ford dealership, other wise it was closer to 12 hundo. Man I was pissed. Oh I had to give them the damaged rim to get that price also,wonder why Shelby/ford HAD to have that back. Anyways I wish you luck in your fix and it sucks that had to happen...

I stopped at the wheel place a few days ago up where I live. They said mine was just the paint that was scraped but the metal was beneath was unscathed. I will have to leave the wheel or car for the day and they quoted me about $180 or so to fix her up like new. I'll let everyone know how I make out.

Archived