TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Saleen Parnelli Jones Edition

chuckstang

Anyone have one or see one up close in person?

I really like the look of the car and noticed the side skirts appear different from the stock pieces found on the standard Mustang, GT Mustang, and GT500. But I can't tell if they are the stock skirts just painted differently or unique parts all together. Anyone have any info about this? I checked out Saleen's website but they have no info about parts sold separately from the PJ edition car.

What a sweet car though if only it was 50k msrp instead, Id pose a nice alternative to the GT500.

I went and looked at one a few months ago. It was very nice. The guy started it up for me. Sounded mean. Sticker was $59k and some change. For that kind of dough, I decided against it. I did not pay close attention to the sideskirts.

I saw two of them and Parnelli himself at a Mustang meet. The two there were sold and had their owners attached. Although neither would say how much they paid, they both admitted it was substantially more than the 62K sticker. Saw a third one at the Sunset Showdown car show also.

They are very nice cars.

I look at one a few weeks back. Very nice car with the Boss theme. Had the shaker hood scoop and boss strips. Sticker was way high, upper 50s and the horse power was around 400hp. The signatures over the doors looked like sticker and not painted on. I think there will only be 500 of Parnelli Jones editions.

You can ask (or PM) our local member here named "Stewdee." He owns Saleen PJ Mustang #111. He was nice enough to let me take it out for a spirited drive a couple weeks ago. Awesome car. His stickered at $61K, and while that seems like a lot of money, that drive really woke me up to how much Saleen engineered into the car. The Watts Link suspension is awesome, the ride is much better than any of the factory Mustangs (GT, GT-H, GT500, etc.), and the looks are perfect (the hue, the shaker, the striping, the trim, etc.).

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 25 2007, 11:44 PM) 120672[/snapback]
You can ask (or PM) our local member here named "Stewdee." He owns Saleen PJ Mustang #111. He was nice enough to let me take it out for a spirited drive a couple weeks ago. Awesome car. His stickered at $61K, and while that seems like a lot of money, that drive really woke me up to how much Saleen engineered into the car. The Watts Link suspension is awesome, the ride is much better than any of the factory Mustangs (GT, GT-H, GT500, etc.), and the looks are perfect (the hue, the shaker, the striping, the trim, etc.).

Saleen's Watts Link rear suspension is available to purchase now. I posted a thread about it earlier.

Saleen Watt's Link

Archived