TEAM SHELBY FORUM

09 ss numbers

Have my csm number assigned waiting for scheduling and pickup. Does anyone have any particulars on how the csm numbers are assigned? My number is 09SS0027 does this mean that there are only 0027 2009 Super snakes built? Confused, anyone have any input?

Have my csm number assigned waiting for scheduling and pickup. Does anyone have any particulars on how the csm numbers are assigned? My number is 09SS0027 does this mean that there are only 0027 2009 Super snakes built? Confused, anyone have any input?

Pete, Good number if it was random, i like it!....I'm not 100% certain, but I believe you could pick a number of your choice, I would not assume that there are only 27 '09 SS's.

Steven or Roger could offer some clarification

Tom

If you do not request a specific CSM number the sales department will usually assign the lowest CSM available at the time of deposit, this sounds like the case with your CSM number.

There has definitely been more than 27 Super Snakes built for the 2009 model year GT500.

Steve

If you do not request a specific CSM number the sales department will usually assign the lowest CSM available at the time of deposit, this sounds like the case with your CSM number.

There has definitely been more than 27 Super Snakes built for the 2009 model year GT500.

Steve

Steve - Aren't the Authorized Modification Ctrs. assigned a range..................200-299, 300-399, 600-699 etc. and they build the specific year Super Snakes from that number range? and then SA has the other ranges 100-199, 400-499 etc, and they build from their number ranges, so there are no double assigned CSM numbers?

I tried to request a specific SS number for my 08 and was told that SAI (back then) did not jump over and skip around in the CSM numbering range on a request basis, but instead the owner would be assigned the next available CSM number.

Robert

Steve - Aren't the Authorized Modification Ctrs. assigned a range..................200-299, 300-399, 600-699 etc. and they build the specific year Super Snakes from that number range? and then SA has the other ranges 100-199, 400-499 etc, and they build from their number ranges, so there are no double assigned CSM numbers?

I tried to request a specific SS number for my 08 and was told that SAI (back then) did not jump over and skip around in the CSM numbering range on a request basis, but instead the owner would be assigned the next available CSM number.

Robert

Yes we do assign ranges when it comes to issuing CSM numbers. For example cars #001 to 300 are normally reserved for SAI Las Vegas built cars. The Tasca mod shop then would start their range at #301. Other mod shops would start their range at a number above those.

The CSM number policy has been relaxed since 2008. It was too dificult to force owners to accept the next CSM number when the number they really wanted was available. The majority of the owners want the lowest CSM number they can get so there really aren't too many CSM number requests but we do have multiple car owners that have requested the same car number as another car they already own and we normally try to accomedate them.

This relaxed policy does create additional work for the sales, accounting and registry departments but I believe it is well worth the additional work to meet the customers needs.

Steve

Yes we do assign ranges when it comes to issuing CSM numbers. For example cars #001 to 300 are normally reserved for SAI Las Vegas built cars. The Tasca mod shop then would start their range at #301. Other mod shops would start their range at a number above those.

The CSM number policy has been relaxed since 2008. It was too dificult to force owners to accept the next CSM number when the number they really wanted was available. The majority of the owners want the lowest CSM number they can get so there really aren't too many CSM number requests but we do have multiple car owners that have requested the same car number as another car they already own and we normally try to accomedate them.

This relaxed policy does create additional work for the sales, accounting and registry departments but I believe it is well worth the additional work to meet the customers needs.

Steve

So in the future, a larger CSM number may in no way indicate that at least that number of cars have been built. You could have 08SS300 (owner chosen), but in reality only 211 cars may have been built at the SA location. I guess come to think of it, if CSM ranges were given to the other mod. centers, the CSM build numbers are going to be all over the place unless every single car is built (assigned CSM number) that is in the range assigned to each location.

R

So in the future, a larger CSM number may in no way indicate that at least that number of cars have been built. You could have 08SS300 (owner chosen), but in reality only 211 cars may have been built at the SA location. I guess come to think of it, if CSM ranges were given to the other mod. centers, the CSM build numbers are going to be all over the place unless every single car is built (assigned CSM number) that is in the range assigned to each location.

R

Correct and a perfect example would be the 2011 GT350. We built less than 350 cars but there is a GT350 wearing CSM number 350.

Steve

Correct and a perfect example would be the 2011 GT350. We built less than 350 cars but there is a GT350 wearing CSM number 350.

Steve

Hmmmmmmm. That really messes up the CSM tag on the GT350 then.

Phil Long Ford had a GT350 on their floor and just recently sold it. They were selling it as "#132 of 350" (not sure if it was 132, but close). If I remember right, the CSM tag on the dash actually said "#132 of 350" (correct me if I'm wrong). If there weren't 350 made, that's a false claim.

BTW, Phil Long was claims their car was THE ONLY GT350 produced as a new car, PRE TITLE and the window/hang tag said "This Car Was Made Especially for Phil Long Ford" on it rather than "This Car Was Made Especially for Jay Chimino" (owner of Phil Long Ford) or some other name like that.

Is that true?

They had a big ADM on it but ended up selling it for MSRP AND they gave the buyer $35K trade-in for a stock '07 White w/Blue stripes GT500!

Phill Pollard

Hmmmmmmm. That really messes up the CSM tag on the GT350 then.

Phil Long Ford had a GT350 on their floor and just recently sold it. They were selling it as "#132 of 350" (not sure if it was 132, but close). If I remember right, the CSM tag on the dash actually said "#132 of 350" (correct me if I'm wrong). If there weren't 350 made, that's a false claim.

BTW, Phil Long was claims their car was THE ONLY GT350 produced as a new car, PRE TITLE and the window/hang tag said "This Car Was Made Especially for Phil Long Ford" on it rather than "This Car Was Made Especially for Jay Chimino" (owner of Phil Long Ford) or some other name like that.

Is that true?

They had a big ADM on it but ended up selling it for MSRP AND they gave the buyer $35K trade-in for a stock '07 White w/Blue stripes GT500!

Phill Pollard

If there was a badge on the car that said XYZ of 350, it wasn't placed there by SAI. The "window stickers" placed on the GT350's are not true Monroney labels so if the SAI sales department and customer want the owners name to read a certain way I'm sure we will try to accomedate the customer.

Steve

Steve

If there was a badge on the car that said XYZ of 350, it wasn't placed there by SAI. The "window stickers" placed on the GT350's are not true Monroney labels so if the SAI sales department and customer want the owners name to read a certain way I'm sure we will try to accomedate the customer.

Steve

I don't remember if the CSM plate actually said it or it was the Sales staff that said it was #132 (the number on the CSM plate) of 350 made, but it was said and most likely on the assumption that there actually *were* 350 made in 2011, as was the plan (350 cars produced for the first year of the Shelby GT350 car).

The window sticker was the one Shelby puts on the car where along the bottom is says something to the effect of "This car was made especially/specially for John Doe". This one said, Phil Long Ford, not "John Doe" and they were selling it as a NEW car, not a used car.

Which puzzled me as to how they got around FEDERAL LAW which prohibits the modification of a car PRIOR TO THE INITIAL SALE of it.

Either way, the buyer got a hell of a deal on the car and trade-in.

Phill

Archived