TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fuel RAIL

THANKS YOUR RIGHT . I'M TRYING :finger::finger:

I went through all of the same motions. I really wanted the ghost cammed tune, it sounded awesome. I changed my mine when shelby told me not to touch the tune. They said it would actually detune the car and it would run poorly.. They also told me that it would drastically affect resale value.

Kris

• 2 months later...

That's not true at all. I have the ghost tune, and I am far above 624 hp. The ghost cam is simply an idle adjustment that affects no aspect of performance. It does rich the fuel a bit though which can shorten plug life a tad. Ford doesn't wan us having it because it is a feature of the trackey and they want exclusive boss features for that tune.

Besides, Jon Lund is the tuner they and Ford Racing turn to if they want help. I would find it hard to believe it could possibly affect value. It's a tune- which takes like 3 minutes to change.

Furthermore, when I couldn't get my engine code to stop triggering, right when I took delivery, Shelby punted on first down- said it wasn't their problem, they don't do tunes, couldn't help me...so I find it ironic that they should be any kind of authority on a tune they had no part in. I did get a reminder the car gets no warranty with the 624 tune though...don't drink too much of the koolaid. I have found in my 3 different Shelby's that there isn't much that can't be undone or returned to stock.

Enjoy your car the way you want it- but maybe consider big mods that can't be removed easily.

Besides, Jon Lund is the tuner they and Ford Racing turn to if they want help. I would find it hard to believe it could possibly affect value. It's a tune- which takes like 3 minutes to change.

Furthermore, when I couldn't get my engine code to stop triggering, right when I took delivery, Shelby punted on first down- said it wasn't their problem, they don't do tunes, couldn't help me...so I find it ironic that they should be any kind of authority on a tune they had no part in. I did get a reminder the car gets no warranty with the 624 tune though...don't drink too much of the koolaid. I have found in my 3 different Shelby's that there isn't much that can't be undone or returned to stock.

Enjoy your car the way you want it- but maybe consider big mods that can't be removed easily.

Thanks for the advice. Can you post something so I can hear the tune on your car? I thought I spoke to you about this 6 months ago and you told me not to change the tune because I'll always be changing plugs.

Kris

There is a clip on here in this section...

Yeah, I did say that- but it turns out I was somewhat misinformed. All of a sudden, I was asked to delete the tune, it needed more work, it fouled plugs....

The real story is that sometimes you dont step on the toes of those you work with. Sometimes the story you get is just a cover for what is really going on.

Ford didnt want that tune out there competing with the TracKey is my assumption. Maybe I will never know the real story, but I no longer officially have that tune.

:bag:

Archived