TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 vs GT500

I assume some of you might have a late model GT500 11-12 and a GT350. I was just curious how different the driving experience is between the two cars. Specs and articles are one thing. I would like to hear from you if you have driven both. They are both great cars but different.

Thank You

You are right, they are VERY different. Ive driven just about every example of build since the series 1 came out. Honestly, they ALL are different in some respect. There are soooo many categories to consider, its kind of like trying to peg people's personalities by categorizing into two groups. Its been said before, but to hit the main points- The GT500 is a cruiser, a beast, and just has raw power and fun. Perfect for driving country roads or city streets, and at home on the drag strip. Its fun to drive at a road course, but the steering will feel sluggish if you try to overdrive the turns. (bulldozer effect)

The GT350 is a race car. It is the fastest capable Shelby on a road course with just a tiny bit of tweaking, nearly untouchable. Pretty fast on the drags, not quite the Supersnake though.

One car you fail to consider Shelby-wise is the SGT. Probably the best all around daily driver of the bunch. Fun at the track, fun at the strip. Drop a supercharger in it, and it WILL beat a stock GT500 on a road course.

If you are considering any of these, they all are fun, and I recommend finding a local gathering and asking for a ride in each. Dont be bashful.:shoppingcart_:

You are right, they are VERY different. Ive driven just about every example of build since the series 1 came out. Honestly, they ALL are different in some respect. There are soooo many categories to consider, its kind of like trying to peg people's personalities by categorizing into two groups. Its been said before, but to hit the main points- The GT500 is a cruiser, a beast, and just has raw power and fun. Perfect for driving country roads or city streets, and at home on the drag strip. Its fun to drive at a road course, but the steering will feel sluggish if you try to overdrive the turns. (bulldozer effect)

The GT350 is a race car. It is the fastest capable Shelby on a road course with just a tiny bit of tweaking, nearly untouchable. Pretty fast on the drags, not quite the Supersnake though.

One car you fail to consider Shelby-wise is the SGT. Probably the best all around daily driver of the bunch. Fun at the track, fun at the strip. Drop a supercharger in it, and it WILL beat a stock GT500 on a road course.

If you are considering any of these, they all are fun, and I recommend finding a local gathering and asking for a ride in each. Dont be bashful.:shoppingcart_:

Thank You for your response. This is helpful. I have a 2011 GT500 convertible already that I will never sell (picture attached). I just was considering what might come next.

DSC01149.jpg

With the aluminum motor 2011 GT 500, the difference on the track between it and the GT350 is much closer. The gating item is the suspension. Take an 11 GT500 and add Eibach or FRPP and the gap is basically closed.

An 11 GT500 is within 100 lbs of a GT350. I ran laps with Wingrider and his 2011 FRPP equipped 11 GT500 - the car really works.

With the aluminum motor 2011 GT 500, the difference on the track between it and the GT350 are is much closer. The gating item is the suspension. Take an 11 GT500 and add Eibach or FRPP and the gap is basically closed.

An 11 GT500 is within 1 100 lbs of a GT350. I ran laps with Wingrider and his 2011 FRPP equipped 11 GT500 - the car really works.

you mean with in 100lbs?

I would get the GT-350 out of the 2 if I had the choice, but if I were in the Market today I would be hard pressed not to get the Boss 302. Wish I lived down south, I just bought an Audi TT as my DD because I live in New England, next will probably be the TT-RS, would have waited if I had known it was going to be under $60k.

Archived