TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TRUFIBER REAR DIFFUSER

pucky

Hi Just wanted to let all members know that the TRUFIBER rear diffuser that is advertised as direct fit is NOT, many modifications and tweaking have to be done to make it fit to factory standards.The rear bumper stryfoam insert behind the bumper has to be removed and shaved down precisely as this is what lines up the bumper to the body.Also had to remove the middle bottom bracket as this was to tight and would not allow me to install it at all .Then the whole thing has to shimmed where it meets the mudflaps (i used hard rubber as a shim approx 1/2 inch ) and this all has to be done perfect as your body lines will not line up correctly.When you are done if you are about 90% happy you are complete as it does not get any better than that .Take my word for it as i have approx 6 OR 7 HRS into mine and i cant get it any better.AM I HAPPY WITH THE LOOK YES WOULD I DO IT AGAIN NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Instruction in the box stating these mods would be a plus. have fun if you do decide to go for it and if you have any question just ask .

paul

pgoulden2@ns.sympatico.ca

Hi Just wanted to let all members know that the TRUFIBER rear diffuser that is advertised as direct fit is NOT, many modifications and tweaking have to be done to make it fit to factory standards.The rear bumper stryfoam insert behind the bumper has to be removed and shaved down precisely as this is what lines up the bumper to the body.Also had to remove the middle bottom bracket as this was to tight and would not allow me to install it at all .Then the whole thing has to shimmed where it meets the mudflaps (i used hard rubber as a shim approx 1/2 inch ) and this all has to be done perfect as your body lines will not line up correctly.When you are done if you are about 90% happy you are complete as it does not get any better than that .Take my word for it as i have approx 6 OR 7 HRS into mine and i cant get it any better.AM I HAPPY WITH THE LOOK YES WOULD I DO IT AGAIN NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Instruction in the box stating these mods would be a plus. have fun if you do decide to go for it and if you have any question just ask .

paul

pgoulden2@ns.sympatico.ca

Raceskinz offered a CF rear diffuser and mud flaps that accompanied the original CF rockers and splitter for the 2007-2009 Super Snake. This CF diffuser attached over the top of the existing lower/dark area of the rear rubber bumper cover. One of the guys on here installed his, I have one and the CF mudflaps, but have not installed them yet. The weave and finish of the Raceskinz matched the original SA installed Super Snake CF perfectly. I'm not sure if this is offered for the 2010-up. If you own a Super Snake, matching the weave and finish of the CF that SA has already installed as part of the conversion is a must.

Link below.............

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48375-carbon-fiber-rear-diffuser-cover-mud-flaps/page__p__805746__hl__%2Brear+%2Bdiffuser__fromsearch__1#entry805746

R

It may be the "larger" size of these CF flaps that are the "better than factory" feature........

R

doh.gif

With 335's, yes, larger/bigger in this case is better and that is what I meant to write.

UPDATE

Went to car show sunday and was more than disappointed because the hotter it got the more the rear diffuser went out of alignment .The sun hit it hard 30c and when i got home and took it out of the trailer PERFECT this really sucks .???? now what do i do ,i am having thoughts of taking it off and cutting my losses :spend: .my car is kept perfect in every way .Surely cannot have this when you arrive at a car show .Also for your info to the eye of the common person this may not be seen but to a car guy !!!!!it sucks :censored:

UPDATE

Went to car show sunday and was more than disappointed because the hotter it got the more the rear diffuser went out of alignment .The sun hit it hard 30c and when i got home and took it out of the trailer PERFECT this really sucks .???? now what do i do ,i am having thoughts of taking it off and cutting my losses :spend: .my car is kept perfect in every way .Surely cannot have this when you arrive at a car show .Also for your info to the eye of the common person this may not be seen but to a car guy !!!!!it sucks :censored:

Yup. It's the little things that drive us up the wall. :sing_rain:

UPDATE

Sorry to hear this.

I would contact the vendor, speak to someone who makes decisions, take extensive pictures, and ask how "they" feel that this needs to be handled?

In reality there are many vendors who will step up and make it right, but you first need to ask them.

R

Archived