TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First time running the Shelby 1/4 mile

SHELBY1962X

Ran the Shelby for the first time at Empire Dragway-NY on Friday night. Had stock F1's, CAI, tune from Justin and that's about it. Made 5 passes

12.547,12.668,12.695, 12.599 and 12.698 at least it was consistent. Temp in the 80's and humid. Had to roll out at 1,200rpm and feather 1st and part of 2nd gear.

Next is a pulley a new tune and some good drag radials.

Here is a link to it.

Ran the Shelby for the first time at Empire Dragway-NY on Friday night. Had stock F1's, CAI, tune from Justin and that's about it. Made 5 passes

12.547,12.668,12.695, 12.599 and 12.698 at least it was consistent. Temp in the 80's and humid. Had to roll out at 1,200rpm and feather 1st and part of 2nd gear.

Here is a link to it.

VERY NICE RUN FOR YOUR 1ST TIME OUT AND THE DRAG RADIALS AND OTHER BOLT-ON WILL ONLY HELP MAKE THE CAR MORE ENJOYABLE AND CONSISTANT. THERE IS ALOT OF GREAT INFORMATION ON THIS SITE TO MAKE YOUR CAR RUN IN THE 10"S IF YOU CHOOSE TO. B.O.L

SCOTTY G.

:peelout::peelout::peelout::peelout:

Those are damn respectable times! I've seen guys with WAY more car and much slower ET's.

What kind of MPH were you seeing?

Good driving,

Phill

Those are damn respectable times! I've seen guys with WAY more car and much slower ET's.

What kind of MPH were you seeing?

Good driving,

Phill

This was my best slip of the night...

.778 R/T

2.060 - 60'

8.255 - 1/8

90.64 MPH

10.594 - 1000'

12.594 - 1/4

115.25 MPH

Was running 6-6,200 rpm at the end.

I will scan a copy on Monday.

Some of the Mustang guys at the track said for a rookie the times were very consistent and the car is quick.

Had a fantastic time and going back on Friday to Mom's (Mustang on Mustang) http://www.mom ing.com/

Time slip.pdf

Time slip.pdf

Way to go! :burnout:

I'm envious... I'm having a hard time taking the leap. I go and watch, but never race.

:salute:

Do it, it's a lot of fun. Pick a test and tune night, it's not as busy and the track workers will help you through it. You can make as little as one pass to say you did it or get right back in line and keep going.

Way to go! :burnout:

I'm envious... I'm having a hard time taking the leap. I go and watch, but never race.

:salute:

Besides Test & Tune sessions on Wednesday nights (or what we call Grudge Night), my home track (New England Dragway) also has test and tune sessions during the day. Actually you are renting the track with others for the whole afternoon and you can make as many passes a you like. In these sessions you only run one lane at a time so there is no chance of someone accidentally coming in to your lane.

If you're like me and just want to run your car down the strip once or twice a year just to see what kind of numbers you can get, then this is a option. Check with your local track.

Archived