TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tanabanana’s new Shelby GT500

Grabber

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Rob, I will say this again -------- those two vehicles are simply awesome. Did you ever think about installing an even shorter antenna? I think your two GT500's would look even more awesome with shorter antenna's. And I don't think you would sacrifice reception either.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/8inch-black-antenna-0509.html

Hey Rob, I will say this again -------- those two vehicles are simply awesome. Did you ever think about installing an even shorter antenna? I think your two GT500's would look even more awesome with shorter antenna's. And I don't think you would sacrifice reception either.

http://www.americanm...tenna-0509.html

I took off both of the stock antennas and put on the short one that has the same profile as the roof. The big CB antenna had to go. It is the same one on the F-150 PU.

See mod #18 on this post:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/69557-tanabananas-new-shelby-gt500/page__view__findpost__p__1301821

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Just picked up a set of Red headrests for Mrs. Grabber. They really set off her interior. Nice price too. Paid $80 bucks for them. They were take offs from a friends car that just has the SuperSnake conversion done.

010-14.jpg
009-8.jpg
008-12.jpg
006-14.jpg
005-4.jpg
004-15.jpg
003-8.jpg
002-14.jpg
001-7.jpg

Love those headrest covers too! Did they come from the factory on the red stripe edition cars? I think they'd be a nice touch in my red upgrade interior and torch red car with black stripes.

That detail job you did on Tana's car inspired me to go out and make mine all shiny after a day at the track. Gosh I love this car!

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait to see pics of Tana's GT500 with the KR wheels on it ! ( Rob - you need to change that shift knob over on Tana's car to the appropriate White/Red GT500 one - SPP # S7M - 7213 - C - WR ).

And then maybe get that red stitched console lid for her - ( you weren't thinking of retiring before you finished off modding Tana's car were you ? ) :stirpot: :stirpot:

Love those headrest covers too! Did they come from the factory on the red stripe edition cars? I think they'd be a nice touch in my red upgrade interior and torch red car with black stripes.

That detail job you did on Tana's car inspired me to go out and make mine all shiny after a day at the track. Gosh I love this car!

Those head rests are not factory. It is a upgrade by Gary Disney. Very speedy

Can't wait to see pics of Tana's GT500 with the KR wheels on it ! ( Rob - you need to change that shift knob over on Tana's car to the appropriate White/Red GT500 one - SPP # S7M - 7213 - C - WR ).

And then maybe get that red stitched console lid for her - ( you weren't thinking of retiring before you finished off modding Tana's car were you ? ) :stirpot: :stirpot:

KR wheels ? Only the :worship: KR guys can buy those silly. :hysterical:

....but I picked them up for a song and a dance. :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

Here's Tana's car with the KR Wheels.

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004.jpg

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

018-1.jpg

• 1 year later...

It's difficult to find your women just the right Christmas gift. I think I hit it out of the park this year by getting her a bigger rear end cover. New lubrication and some friction additive. Tana is going to have the sexiest butt ever on her Shelby GT500. Check out the larger capacity, cooling fins, drain plug and fill plug. A serviceable unit. These are left over from the Shelby KR builds and are in very limited supply at Shelby America.

002-1.jpg

I picked Tana up a couple stocking stuffers too. I am a romantic bastard.
The front KR sway bar has been impossible to find, but now that Shelby American found 20 of them during there move....I picked up one for each of our cars. 50 bucks each. They also have some of the KR rear axle reservoirs so I picked up 2 of those.

005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg

It's difficult to find your women just the right Christmas gift. I think I hit it out of the park this year by getting her a bigger rear end cover. New lubrication and some friction additive. Tana is going to have the sexiest butt ever on her Shelby GT500. Check out the larger capacity, cooling fins, drain plug and fill plug. A serviceable unit. These are left over from the Shelby KR builds and are in very limited supply at Shelby America.

002-1.jpg

I take it the drain plug is the top one in the picture & it still dosen`t look like you could drain all the oil.

I take it the drain plug is the top one in the picture & it still dosen`t look like you could drain all the oil.

No. The drain plug is the bottom one in the photo. The top plug allows you to "fill to spill".

Perhaps this photo of the inside of the cover will help. The photo is sideways, so the plug to the left of the photo is the "top" fill to spill plug. The plug to the right is the drain plug.

023-1.jpg

No. The drain plug is the bottom one in the photo. The top plug allows you to "fill to spill".

Perhaps this photo of the inside of the cover will help. The photo is sideways, so the plug to the left of the photo is the "top" fill to spill plug. The plug to the right is the drain plug.

023-1.jpg

Ya a better picture of it from the back side. Thanks

I think that you need to get some billet "GT500" door sill plates for Tana (and yourself) while they are still available from SPP.

I would get some factory touch up paint and fill in the lettering so it will match your orange and Tana's in red. Just a suggestion to keep you out of trouble during your vacation :lol:

I think that you need to get some billet "GT500" door sill plates for Tana (and yourself) while they are still available from SPP.

I would get some factory touch up paint and fill in the lettering so it will match your orange and Tana's in red. Just a suggestion to keep you out of trouble during your vacation :lol:

I have a set of them on my 500 already. Seems to me they came with my signed dash plaque when I ordered it. What are they getting for a set of them these days ?

Edit: I just found them. $35 bucks. I ordered her a set since her birthday is Jan 16th I will need a gift. Plus we each like to have the same mods on our cars. lol

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/7S3Z-13208GT500.htm

Tana still needs a KR strut brace if you need more ideas for birthday presents. :whistling:

KR short throw shifters are going for $79 and the KR handles are going for $69 @ BuyFordRacingParts (brace is down to $229/free shipping) while supplies last.

Kevin,

She has the short throw shifter and a nice shifter ball that she picked out with Red stripes on it. I saw some really cool lighted sill plates that you need for both of your cars. I give you permission to order 2 sets. I cleared it with your wife so you can...... :spend:

Rob

Both Cars looking great Rob! Too funny you bought Tana parts for her rear!!! LOL

Happy Holidays to you both :yahoo:

Alex

We are certainly enjoying the last 2 weeks of the year. I have it off, so it is even better.

Merry Christmas to you Alex ! :victory:

Archived